Women can't fly

Women can't fly

A Story by Dim black
"

You do't know what lurking behind that door !!

"
" am not women but I walked in your shoes for while sister ! It suck to be women down here "
It's a movement and I want to be part of it.

Imagine what it's like to be spending the whole day feeling like nobody just being a prisoner? Doing nothing the entire day. Just staring at your phone jumping from one app to another. When the battery dies you plug it into the charger and just start gazing at the ceiling. Rolling your eyes around the walls till your phone is charged. So you can go back to your fictional world.!The world of our imagination. The world us women built so we can express ourselves without been afraid to say what we think.! What we feel! We still hiding. Disguising ourselves with alias. We are using metaphors because it's hard to be a night bulb in broad daylight. To be the moon in this world that out shined by men as if they were the sun. School was the only joy for us. There we can spend a few hours outside our jail cell, opps sorry, I meant homes! Everything we do is taboo. Everything we dream of is taboo. All we keep hearing is that we are girls and girls are not allowed to do this or to do that. Girls are not supposed to have fun. We are not asking to spend nights at bars or wanting to shake our booties in night clubs. No, we are asking for simple things. Simple pleasure ! We are asking for pure spontaneous fun. But down here they think fun, even if it's pure, is a door that leads to hell. Having fun with a sport is considered to be a mother of all sins.

We are tired of been judged and controlled by the opposite sex! Did you notice that I didn't say men? That's because down here if you are male it does not matter how old you are to have the upper hand over your women. It doesn't matter if it's a ten year old boy or seventy year old man speaking. Male speech is considered king's speech.down here Women can't do anything or even say what they feel about it .We are tired of been controlled by the opposite sex. They decide what is good and bad for us without even considering asking us. I feel bad for us we females when we spend the whole day at home rotting while the males get to enjoy life. I want to know what it feels like to put my sneakers on and start running what it feel like to sleep on the roof top of my house. Oops, again, I mean their houses! What is it like to sit behind a wheel and enjoy a drive through the city and to even break the rules and go over the speed limit or don't buckle the seatbelt? How does it feel to swim in the ocean? To climb a hill? What's like to cheer and support our favorite team without getting our fmnimitcy questioned ! We are not asking for something out of our reach and impossible. We are just asking for something to make us feel like we are human. A little thing we can do without feeling like everyone is watching us and judging us. We don't want to be equals with men. We just don't want everyone gazing us treating us like we are nothing but a sex toys ! .

I kept reading about some women who made it out of this community. The ones who succeeded but if we calculated the ratio of those it will be 1 to million. What about the millions who are suffocating under the roofs of thousands of houses? The ones being abused, neglected and crushed every damn day. Okay, one made it. Oh how good for you! But that does not give you a clear image of how thing are down here. We are suppressed everyday. Strip searched just for texting a boy through our phone. We can't enjoy the only thing which gives us freedom because we don't know when the next sweep is going to happen. When The males in your family going to do sudden sweeps or routine checks. We are hiding in the darkest corners. Trying to have a few happy moments. Sucking the best out of our day so we can have a little sweet memory of it .

When one of us makes it and they know that there is nothing they can do about it, then they start using that to their advantage. They start cheering for her by saying that they are the reason behind her success. They are the ones who supported her. , big liars They just trying to benefit from her after they had tried to crush her by any necessary means. But they failed ! They tried to squash her by using everything in their power so she won't make it. But they failed! They just don't want her to set an examples for other women and then start losing their grip over us. But after all one fish got to make it. One fish fought so hard. One fish swam. Against the current.!

I have seen a tons of talents get wasted. So many women with potential were thrown under the bus. I have always dreamed of being a painter and have been painting since I was ten. Saving from my own allowance to buy the finest brush and painting tools. Dreaming that one day I am going to have my own gallery to display all my painting. To be the first one to have this gallery and open the door for millions of women so they can pursue their dreams. I want to be a living example that nothing impossible but instead I guess I am a living example of "don't get your hopes so high".

I had this big fight with my brother over my phone . He asked me as usual if he can search it so he can see if I am texting or talking to boys. He used to do this a lot and claim he can't afford for me to smear the reputation of the family. It's not like I am flashing my b***s or throwing myself at every boy I meet online. It's true that I used to text boys and chat with them. I did it because my emotions were so dry. I was dehydrated emotionally because no one ever made me feel like I matter. Nobody ever told me that they love me or showed affection. It's the problem of millions of women here to feel like they are appreciated. We crave affection, care and love because we are women but here in this society it's shameful to express emotions to each another. We have being waiting to hear from our family, our brothers and fathers, that we are appreciated. But even so if they feel love for us, they are too embarrass to show it or even to spell it out for us ! This is how males and females are being raised here. To express your love or to show affection even to your family member is considered a sign of weakness. So we all start looking for caring online in our imaginary world . The world we build to be perfect for us . The world where we can be treated like real queens not the queens they claim we are while treating us like maids.,

I was sitting in the living room when he suddenly snatched the phone out of my hand asking me who I was texting. I was just playing a game on my phone but he saw me smiling. In His sick mind thought that I was smiling because I was texting boys. I was just happy because I scored a new high score but even smiling for that is not allowed in this house. To feel that I have accomplished something is not allowed here. I know it's absurd that I am happy because I beat my last score but now you see how simple we are. Even the smallest things make us happy.

I was so mad at him because he didn't even ask. I felt like I have to fight back.this time I just couldn't take it any more. So I shouted at him to hand me back my phone but he refused . He asked me why I'am so tense . Why I'am scared? He said he is just going to look through my phone. I must be hiding something and that's why I.am tense and overreacting.
I told him it's a principle matter. He doesn't have the right to snatch my phone like that from my hand. We aren't in a penitentiary and he is not a correctional officer. He could't talk back so his best solution to win an argument was to hit me and therefore he slapped me. That was the last straw. I snapped in his face. Started yelling and screaming. I felt so strong. No more oppression! No more discrimination! I told him if he thinks that he has the right to search my phone then I have the right to search his. Checking on him to see if he is talking to girls or texting them. He stood there for moment. He hadn't seen that coming. He didn't think I was going to say that. Using his twisted sick logic he thought he has the answer! He simply said: " I am a boy!

I confronted him by asking if he thinks being a boy makes him a god so he can judge and punish people and be a guardian over us. Asking him if he thought that being a boy made him the judge and the executer and permitted him to do whatever he wanted without being questioned. Also, did he think that being a boy allowed him to mess around with other people's sisters? Did he realize that while he was afraid his sister was going to do something wrong, he was doing something wrong. The girls he was in contact with have families too. I told him that males do not have the right to treat us like prisoners by watching suspiciously every move we make. I just want to know who to blame for putting these stupid ideas in your heads to think that you are superior over us. That you have the right to do whatever you want and no one should be doubting your moves. Who can I blame for this? What created this sick morality? Religion, society or family traditions? Or the thing they think it's morality!

I asked him to give me back my phone or to let me search his phone. It's an eye for an eye! Now I saw it in his eyes that this time he has no answers for my questions. I knocked him out! He didn't expect that from me who he thought of as being like a tamed dog. He didn't think I was going to growl back at him this time . So he hit me again but this time I felt different because I felt the victory. I felt that I made him so speechless that the best way to shut me up was to hit me. He didn't know that made me stronger. So no more being silent! No more ! No more hiding and retreating! No more ! No more turning back! No more .

© 2014 Dim black


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oh thanks fam ! ,,,,,,,,.

Posted 9 Years Ago


That the best thing I have read do in long time ! OMG

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
2 Reviews
Added on December 22, 2014
Last Updated on December 22, 2014

Author

Dim black
Dim black

Sudan



About
Ain't no better more..