Contentless

Contentless

A Stage Play by Blank_fortunes
"

I was writing a contentless scene attempted

"

A: Well, I guess that about does it huh?
B: Yeah, I got just about everything.
A: How do you feel?
B: Better I guess.
A: You guess?
B: Yes, I guess... Considering the circumstances.
A: I won't even go there with you.
B: Didn't you already though?
A: You know what?
B: Nope. As of matter of fact I don't, never had the pleasure of meeting him.
A: Nope, Not today.
B: Talking to ourselves now are we?
A: I asked one simple question. Is that a crime.
B: No, but I am pretty sure you knew the answer to it before you asked.
A: Well, then. I guess that about does it then huh?
A: You forgot something.
B: What?
A: You left me...
B: What happened to "not going there today."?
A: No, It just dawned on me
B: What's that.
A: You left me and not once have you ever turned to me and said "Are you okay?" See, before I couldn't see it cause I just wanted you to be happy whatever the consequences no matter how it made me feel I wanted you to be able to smile at the end of the day. I am sure of it now, that before I decided to leave you, you left me. You came back because I welcomed you back with open arms and the fact that I could never turn you down or away helped me to do that because temporarily I thought that I was what you wanted and I didn't see that I was just convenient at the time. 
B: Meaning I never Loved you?-
A: The way I Loved you. When I took you back I couldn't say I loved you on the phone cause it hurts to say I Love You. It makes me feel like a fool because I don't think that it means as much to you as it means to me. I say I love you because I understand cherish and respect myself and I have a undying desire to treat you the same because I gave it careful consideration and I find it hard to be true that anyone else cares more about your prosperity and well being as I do.
B: That's how you felt?
A: No. It's how I feel I can't and Don't know how to change what I feel. And Honestly I don't want to.
B: But you have to.
A: Do I?
B: I mean given the circumstances...
A: Do you want me to.
B: I don't want you to get hurt...
A: I hurt when you leave, I hurt when your answering machine stops talking, I hurt when you have to hang up, I hurt when I'm done reading your email, I hurt when I am done reading your text, hurt is not what I am afraid of Losing you is what scares me the most.
B: What am I supposed to do?
A: Say yes to Dinner and put those boxes down.
B: I... I guess. I don't know what to say.
B: Don't worry say nothing and know that I love you too.

© 2015 Blank_fortunes


Author's Note

Blank_fortunes
I tried to write a contentless scene it takes a lot of discipline and I am still working on that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

104 Views
Added on February 7, 2013
Last Updated on January 26, 2015

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes