Soldering

Soldering

A Poem by Blank_fortunes

I could've systemize her Rummage Sale.
Tail tucked between my knees.
But there was not an item on that sidewalk that meant more than her to me.

In one hand she held hatred in her other Solemn disbelief.
My hands were full of sweat.
There was a sidewalk somewhere in-between.

With my hands being of no use to either of us I hung them shamefully at my side.
I Admitted my wrong doing and let my chest absorb her punches as she cried.
calling me every name I deserved I had earned it rightfully.

I listened to her yells I gave audience to her screams. 
I asked her to forgive me for being human and reassured her that she was right to sell everything.
With no thought put behind it I betrayed everything that ever meant anything to me.
The only thing I couldn't live without was seconds from leaving me.
 
We were but two pliable metal threads twisting fate with faith
I begged her to try once more to intertwine her trust with a man who has been attempting perfection 
Something that I am now aware that was an impossibility.
But I need to be able to talk to her and be completely honest and she do the same with me. 
Because there is constantly things on my mind of which I need to discuss and/or release.

We are as delicate as the filigree and so is every waking moment that you will spend with me.
So sell anything that you would like.
But don't take you away from me.

© 2015 Blank_fortunes


Author's Note

Blank_fortunes
I plan on trying it again I just like challenges but I saw while checking for error that was in Villanelle form. keep the challenges coming

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Quite the message from a man that regrets doing wrong.Trust and respect are required to bridge a relationship together.One beam breaks there is still a chance all won't fall from the bridge,but if both beams break,there is nothing there to cross over to rebuild all falls into the river of dismay and regret.You displayed lots of feelings in this piece good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

6 Years Ago

thank you.
W R Stowe

6 Years Ago

your welcome



Reviews

Quite the message from a man that regrets doing wrong.Trust and respect are required to bridge a relationship together.One beam breaks there is still a chance all won't fall from the bridge,but if both beams break,there is nothing there to cross over to rebuild all falls into the river of dismay and regret.You displayed lots of feelings in this piece good work.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

6 Years Ago

thank you.
W R Stowe

6 Years Ago

your welcome

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

366 Views
1 Review
Added on February 7, 2015
Last Updated on May 2, 2015

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes