The truth is

The truth is

A Poem by Blank_fortunes
"

up early just felt like typing

"
How much would you pay for it? What would you do with the receipt? If there were camera footage of the moment your heart was truly broken is it something that you would keep...
I loved Love until I hated it,
I never learned to turned the other cheek,
It struck me in the heart,
I stood here and watched it bleed,
It hurt more when I tried to walk but the blood seemed to cool my feet.
I took Love on a road trip to see the ocean and it left me at the beach.
Afraid to move forward without Love, So I embraced the pain of the sand burning my feet. Too miserable to turn and focus on the road that led me to this beach.
Love Kidnapped my heart and left me a ransom note of which was incomplete.
I didn't know my future and In all honesty I didn't think it through too deep... 
Because the feeling that Love gave me replaced the pain of being me.
A statistic in every aspect I respected the way Life worked I expected to do the best I could with what I was given on this earth the only thing I ever prayed God to make sure that was never taken from me.
Made a conscious decision to exit stage left and freely walk away from me.
In all honesty it was perfect and now I would have had it no other way other than to better enjoy those moments,
Paying less attention to the hours in those days.
We would have never worked because I never knew how to change,
All I could ever be is me.
All I knew that I liked of myself still held your hand the day you walked away from me.
I don't fault you for it I appreciate and accept that change.
Religion means something different to me now though this is neither the time nor the place to explain,
I will say that God and I have a better relationship and it doesn't seem so strained.
I like people a lot less now I notice it more and more by the day.
Feelings are not what drive my decisions and that has seemed to bring about a change.
I have replaced the sand of my hour glass with water so even when it is done falling I can still enjoy the waves.
All the way down to the ripples from vibrations outside the waters cage.
Truth is you taught me to be Like water, So I only adjust to things around me and I never have to change.

© 2015 Blank_fortunes


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I am back to read this powerful piece... This is one of the best pieces I have EVER read. Maybe because I can identify with this both pain and enlightenment. The way you put my hurt in to words is freaking amazing. Although we don't know one another I have to say we are family in one sense.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

5 Years Ago

Most definitely, with an understanding of the pain discussed in this one I am both sorry and glad th.. read more



Reviews

I am back to read this powerful piece... This is one of the best pieces I have EVER read. Maybe because I can identify with this both pain and enlightenment. The way you put my hurt in to words is freaking amazing. Although we don't know one another I have to say we are family in one sense.

Posted 5 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

5 Years Ago

Most definitely, with an understanding of the pain discussed in this one I am both sorry and glad th.. read more
I love the idea of "a ransom note which was incomplete." This is playful and sad at the same time, which is a great cognitive dissonance.

I've noticed that you tend to favor really long lines in your poems. Most seem to be a whole complete sentence. However, this piece in particular feels to me like it could be rearranged into some shorter lines to help emphasize certain words and ideas.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

6 Years Ago

Thank you just typing what my mind gives me. I Just popped up that morning and started typing. I wou.. read more
DaughterNature

6 Years Ago

Starting out by writing in a stream-of-consciousness works for a lot of people, and it seems to help.. read more
Wow, brother this was dope... You are a great writer and I don't speak highly of people without merit.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blank_fortunes

6 Years Ago

Thank you I could have sworn I responded to this, Thank you for the review and the compliment.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

356 Views
3 Reviews
Added on November 29, 2015
Last Updated on December 9, 2015
Tags: Be like water, change, the truth, truth, beach, water, pain, thank you, thanks

Author

Blank_fortunes
Blank_fortunes

Durham, NC



About
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond imagination. It is our light more than our darkness which scares us. We ask ourselves – who are we.. more..

Writing
live live

A Poem by Blank_fortunes