The world we once knew.

The world we once knew.

A Story by Blessed_Angel
"

Growing up in a harsh world is what Lilia and David had to do. Loosing there mother at young ages they were forced to fight and kill to survive. In a world with ten feet beasts you need to killToLive

"
Lilia:                                                                 David


























Damian:

























                                Grason:



















The night was nothing like the town of Callisto has ever seen before. There was no stars in the night sky, which kept watch over the people of the town. The night seemed to send a chill down the spines of the citizens of Callisto. They did not know what was about to happen to there way of life. It will change, everything will change. Even some of there friends, family, and beloved pets will change. Into what, The citizens of Callisto have no idea. All they knew is that the old way of life was gone and the new way  must come faster that they like.

"Kids, come on kids wake up!" Said a tall slender woman with blond curly hair and green eyes. He face was flawless and seemed to bring light to any situation. That is because she had that calming look to her. That look just read. 'it is ok everything is ok, no worries,' The woman managed to get her children up. Lilia who was only age Five, and David, her older brother of Fourteen.  "What is going on Mommy" Said Lilia as she sluggishly crawled out of bed. Her tiny hands rubbed her green eyes. Lilia who looked almost like her mother stood up and walked over to her. David on the other hand climbed out of bed, his jest black hair and bright green eyes showed the signs of sleep, he then walked over to his mother. "Mom what is going on." He said as he opened his eyes. The look on his mothers face he could tell she was scared. Terrified at that.

"David take Lilia and get far from here do you hear me." She said as she handed him Lilia. The small Child looked from her older brother to her mother than back. She had no idea what was going on. "Mommy?" Lilia said "What is going on are you leaving us?" She asked. The kind slender woman knelt down to her child and smiled "No hunny, i am not leaving you." she said "You and David just need to go someplace else just for a little while ok darling" With that said she stood up and hugged her children. David looked at his mother and knew this will be the last time he will ever see her. He knew what will happen. As the kids walked away Lilia waved goodbye to her mother. "Bye mommy, I will see you soon" but the small child had no idea that this will be the last time she is going to see her mother. 

Just as the two left the house the door busted down. And with in seconds the house was over ran by dog like creatures. They stood ten feet tall and had teeth like a alligator, body like a giant dog and claws that were sharp as large cats claws. There must have been at least five of them in the house and with out a single shriek the woman was consumed by the beasts. If you get scratched by them of drink water with the virus in it you will turn in to them. Out of the town by now Lilia and David made there way in to the vast fields of the farmers that once tended them. "David" Lilia said as she looked up at him with her green eyes. "When will we see mommy again" David, not wanting to tell her the truth, he said  "I don't think we will my sister" Lilia looked at him. Tears filled her eyes. "D.D.David, Why you lie to me" She said as she rubbed her tear fulled eye. 
                                   ............................................................
Ten year later David and Lila were sitting by the side of a small river. Leaning on a tree David turned to see Lilia wading her feet in the water. He watched her and knew she was thinking again. "Lilia" he said as he did not even turn his gaze from the knife he was sharpening. Lilia turned to her brother. "Yes" She said as she gazed at him. David sat down the knife and turned to his fifteen year old sister. "You were thinking of home again weren't you" Lilia shook her head again. "i was brother" She said as she turned to the water again. Letting out a sigh David stood up. "Lilia you know why we can't go back," "I do David" She said as she stood and faced him "But i am not a child any more brother, we need to go back i just know it" She said as she stood her ground. David nodded "Ok but just stay with me" He said as he threw her the  M16 and took his rifle. 

With no other words said they were on there way to visit there old lives that was left behind them. "Lilia you know it is quite a ride away like three days and that if and when we get there it might not be their at all" David said as he hopped in Damion and full black stallion. "Lilia hopped on Grason and nodded "i know that brother i do" She said as she and David begun to move. Taking off in the sunset they rode on in to the distance in search of an old life that they will never find. 

© 2012 Blessed_Angel


Author's Note

Blessed_Angel
I was board so what do you think should i make it in to a short book or what. and what do you think.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well i am thinking of continuing this chapter, The chapter was not yet done it was a taste of what is yet to come. This was a prolog of chapter one, introducing the characters and what had happened.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the telling of the tale. Do wish it was a little longer and had plenty of little things of grammer I wish to correct but I still wish I couldve read more of this. ...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This has the potential for a good novella, if you feel the story in yourself, I say go for it! Though you did make many minor errors throughout this story, but they could be corrected by simply proofreading again and correcting everything. Good job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


You could make it into a short book, it's nice as-is, though definetly food for thought! You need to work a little on capitolizing the "i"'s and adding in comas here and there, but this was very well written and has a great plot in the story.

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like the photos and the story. I like introduction of the characters with pictures or words. A lot of action and mystery create in this chapter. You have my attention. Thank you for the excellent introduction.
Coyote

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

318 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 10, 2012
Last Updated on June 10, 2012
Tags: Story

Author

Blessed_Angel
Blessed_Angel

CLARKSVILLE, TN



About
Hello all my name is Blessed_Angel. I am a first time mom of a baby girl named Sayge and she is my world. i have a great fiance and i love him so much. I love to ride horses and take care of animals.. more..

Writing