Should I?

Should I?

A Story by GET CRUNK
"

What happens when a teen under pressure needs a way out?

"

Since the day I was born it’s “Straight A’s, No mistakes! Manors this and school that.” It’s very annoying. My dad is the C.e.o. of a major company and my mom is a big time travel agent. In other words…my life is hell.
    I joined cheerleading to fit in…that didn’t work. I tried wearing gothic stuff and I couldn’t fit into that category either.
    “Hey! Sally Cruickshank?”, yelled a voice from behind me.
    I turned to see Jenny Woodsy behind me, “Yes?”
    “Do you have a lighter?”, she asked as she walked over to me tripping every other step. Her eyes were almost lifeless. It figured, after all she was the biggest s**t and druggy in school.
    “Sorry no I don’t smoke or do anything like that for that matter.”, I said trying to brush her off.
    “You’re so chubby now. You’re also very messy. Acne all over…always tired. Are you stressed out?”, she said smirking. She continued by pulling out a little tablet, “Because I have something that’ll take it all away.”
    “Bullshit! If you think insulting me is gonna get me to try that stuff you’re so wrong!”, I yelled turning and walking away faster now. She followed.
    “Ok…well you don’t know what your missing. And honestly, you can’t get hooked on this. It’s a diet drug. It works wonders.”, she said and smirked as I slowed down.
    “Is it harmful and legal?”, I asked turning my head to face her slightly.
    “Dangerous, no not at all. Legal…no but you can quit as soon as you get yourself back. No problem at all!”, she said smiling happily.
    “…I…No!”, I yelled realizing that I shouldn’t even be thinking about it.
    “OK. Just had to say so…we cool?”, she asked as she extended her arm towards me to make peace.
    “Yea.”, I said as I shook her hand.
    I turned fast and ran before she could try again. It wasn’t until I got home that’s I realized…their was something in my hand. I opened my fist and looked down. My eyes widened as I saw the little tablet Jenny wanted me to try earlier. I just stood and stared. I threw it in the garbage and left for the bathroom to shower off my impure contemplations.
    As I get out of the shower I looked in my full body mirror. I’m disgustingly fat. I thought to myself.
    You’re so chubby now. You’re also very messy. Acne all over…always tired. Are you stressed out Ok…well you don’t know what your missing. And honestly, you can’t get hooked on this. It’s a diet drug. It works wonders Dangerous, no not at all You can’t get hooked. I remembered Jenny saying.
    I poked my stomach and stared to cry. Why am I so disgusting! I thought angrily.
    I couldn’t take it. I went to my garbage and got the tablet. I examined it trying to figure out what it’s called. I couldn’t but it looked easy enough to use so I really don’t have to google it…OK.
    I opened my mouth and lifted my tongue. I put it under my tongue.
    A few minutes later…I was high. I jumped on the railing of the balcony. It felt like I could do anything…even fly. So I jumped.
    Ambulance crowded me. My mother crying too my father on her business phone. These are the sounds and blurs I saw and heard. Then it all went black. I would never open my eyes again. Drugs seem so great…even if you don’t get hooked…it’s not only the addicts that die…

© 2009 GET CRUNK


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

yet another superb write gorgeous , i hate the thought of someone being insulted about their weight or skin problems , i know how those things can play on our minds and taking drugs is certainly not the answer , every addict i've ever met , believes they are not addicted , they could stop it tomorrow if they wanted . the only easy way to stop it , is to ensure you never start . if you must get addicted to something , why not kisses or something sweet . so you never want to give up .
really enjoyed the read princess .

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

yet another superb write gorgeous , i hate the thought of someone being insulted about their weight or skin problems , i know how those things can play on our minds and taking drugs is certainly not the answer , every addict i've ever met , believes they are not addicted , they could stop it tomorrow if they wanted . the only easy way to stop it , is to ensure you never start . if you must get addicted to something , why not kisses or something sweet . so you never want to give up .
really enjoyed the read princess .

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 17, 2009

Author

GET CRUNK
GET CRUNK

NJ



About
i'm simple. i love to write. its my life. more..

Writing
Full Moon Full Moon

A Book by GET CRUNK


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by GET CRUNK


Dark Dark

A Book by GET CRUNK