Generation Z in America

Generation Z in America

A Story by Blossom
"

A short paragraph about what it is like being a teenager in America during 2022 Trigger Warning: mentions of school shootings, COVID-19, controversial opinions

"

In 2009, I was four years old when the first black president was elected. I don’t remember much about this event, but I was taught throughout my many years of school that it was historical. In 2012, I was eight years old when the shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School happened. I don’t know much about this event, but I quickly realized this was the event that caused schools to teach students how to hide in classrooms. In 2015, I was ten years old when same-sex marriage became legal in America. I didn’t think this would affect me, but it was only a few short years after this that I realized I am bisexual. In 2018, I was thirteen years old when I heard about another school shooting. This was the event that caused me and my fellow students to learn how to barricade our classroom doors and use the items in our backpacks as weapons. In 2020, I was fifteen years old when the world was hit with COVID-19. I had my sophomore and junior years stolen from me and saw over a million people die due to this virus. Now it is 2022, I am seventeen years old and just the other day I had my reproductive rights taken from me. I am about to turn eighteen this coming month and I am terrified to see how my future turns out.

© 2023 Blossom


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow. So much of change, and not for the better. When we break it down, like you did in this piece, we see that there were alot of change in our lives, that caused or will cause ripple effects in one way or another. How they overturned Roe v Wade is crazy, that sets back women's rights decades into the past. School shootings is getting out of hand, especially threatening to do something of that sort. This is an eye opening piece, so much change, some good, some bad, some scary. I liked the candidacy of this piece, you write it well, Thanos for sharing! Welcome to the Cafe :)

Posted 1 Year Ago


Blossom

1 Year Ago

Thank you!
Aura

1 Year Ago

My pleasure :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
1 Review
Added on June 29, 2022
Last Updated on November 4, 2023
Tags: short story, true, emotional, sad

Author

Blossom
Blossom

About
A beginner writer Not All My Writings Are About Me. Sometimes I write about things I have heard/read about Sometimes my writings are seen in the eyes of a fictional character and how I believe they.. more..

Writing
I Love You I Love You

A Poem by Blossom