Candle

Candle

A Poem by Blue tailed kite

On cold dark nights
many seek a candle
in search of light
and warmth
The candle glows bright
but in return
it burns itself
little by little
till it's no more
A dead candle
can give you nothing
except
its last whiff
of warm smoke.

© 2010 Blue tailed kite


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I enjoyed this. It was easy to read a couple of times. The only thing that I think that is worth pointing out is that I don't know anyone who tries to get warm from a candle.

Posted 14 Years Ago


well... i'm astonished by the imagery... well kinda amused and entertained ironically though!
its sad!
but true!
in the end its just a memory of how it used to be!
i like... very much...
but i'm not exactly a fan of this style of writing... yet again, to be just and fair... i really was captured by this!
keep it up!

Posted 14 Years Ago


The flow was a bit loose,but I enjoyed it all the same.
Again,good subject. We all seek light in our dark moments,yet we should not rely on it....
A strong poem. Nice work(:

Posted 14 Years Ago


hmmm...i think it has a lot of potential but i feel like it doesnt flow as well as it should...i thought it went smoothly up until "The candle glows bright"...the sentences before it seemed like it was a stanza together and the last 5 sentences sounded like a stanza too...i would just try and fix the middle up a bit so it flows better but i rlly loved the sense of self sacrifice and bitter sweet ending the candle had :)

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
4 Reviews
Added on February 15, 2010
Last Updated on February 15, 2010

Author

Blue tailed kite
Blue tailed kite

About
I am a grad student who tries to do other random stuff in between running experiments in the lab. Apart from writing I also like to sketch, paint, play my guitar and synth and watch anime. more..

Writing