Terras Call

Terras Call

A Story by Tom A.

Terra was sad.
The Universe wondered why Terra was sad, as Terra was a part of the Universe, and the Universe did not like being sad.
I have made People, said Terra.
What is a 'People'? said the Universe.
A creation, said Terra.
But I am creation! said the Universe.
Yes, but these are a special creation. They are a lifeform, said Terra.
But I have many lifeforms, spanning my entirety! said the Universe. How are 'People' so better that they should make you sad?
Because! Said Terra. Not only are they alive, but they are one of the few capable of perceiving all that they are free from the bitter contest that is survival! They have risen above the basics of life and become something more...they feel and think and...love...they have the power to see how they are one with the Universe, and they have the power to perceive the joy that knowledge grants them! They can feel, taste, touch, smell, listen, love, they are incredible! It is incredible how alike everything in existence they are, how they are made up of it, how similar they are to all life, how everything they are is everything else! And they have the power to understand how they cannot exist without the Universe, they have the power to understand that they can shape the universe and, with the proper respect, make the Universe a paradise of joy and perception!
Then why do you lament? Asked the Universe.
Because they do not use it! Terra cried, and the Universe seemed still as it foresaw the implications of such a gift when given to such a careless and irresponsible 'People'.

So the Universe searched itself for a solution to 'People' that would end Terra's grief. Many felt it was possible to guide these 'People' into understanding and appreciating their place as a part of the Universe. So Many would come and be one with 'People', and 'People', once infused with Many, would open their eyes and see and understand and feel much more than they had before.

One of the Many, excited to aid the 'People', struck Terra's atmosphere so that to 'People' it looked like a bright star lighting the sky for three nights...

© 2008 Tom A.


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good question. Interesting write. It invokes thought.
Thanks

Dave

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on March 3, 2008

Author

Tom A.
Tom A.

Hampton Falls, NH



About
Hey, I�m Tom. I like to write Sci-Fi and Fantasy stories. All the Stories I post here are hopefully going to be part of something that�s going to be published, so any feedback .. more..

Writing
Snow Magic Snow Magic

A Poem by Tom A.