Political Satire {circa 2243}

Political Satire {circa 2243}

A Story by Dra'Gon
"

A little ditty I wrote a few years back. =)

"

Pediatrician’s Office

Dr. Wilson: I’m afraid I have some bad news. The test results show your baby will be a Politician.

Mrs. Bush: Oh my god! [Puts her face against her husband’s shoulder and sobs.]

Mr. Bush: But… how, Doctor? I don’t understand.
Dr. Wilson: It’s actually a recessive gene found in the “Y” chromosome. It could pass through several generations then pop up suddenly.

Mrs. Bush: Weren’t there were some Politicians in your family, honey? Over a century ago.

Mr. Bush: [Sighs.] I’m afraid so. Can you change it somehow? My wife’s only on her first term.

Dr. Wilson: Unfortunately no. This particular gene is tenacious and could even duplicate itself.
Mr. Bush: So we’ll just have to live with our child being a Politician?

Dr. Wilson: That is one option, of course. However, I should tell you that Politicians are often ostracized within the community which they grow. Adults won’t want him around and will most likely turn a blind eye when other kids are taunting him.

Mrs. Bush: Oh, honey. That would be so cruel to put a child through that. And what could he do when he grows up?

Dr. Wilson: If he grows up. Seven out of ten don’t even reach adulthood. [Mr. and Mrs. Bush look sadly at each other.] The only other option is to abort it now. It’d be the humane thing to do.

Mr. Bush: Of course, you’re right. But, Doctor, will we be able to have a normal child?

Dr. Wilson: It’s possible, but the chances are against it.

Mrs. Bush: I just couldn’t go through this again. [Looks at her husband.] Maybe we should try adoption, honey.

Mr. Bush: Certainly we will. Do you have any suggestions, Doctor? [Dr. Wilson pulls open a folder and hands over a piece of paper filled with agencies and addresses.]

Dr. Wilson: These are the national adoption agencies. The three I’ve marked in red would be your best bet. In fact, I’ve heard the first one there just received a new born with Garbage Collector genes. His parents weren’t able to afford to raise him with the extra education costs that would entail.

Mrs. Bush: Well no wonder. My god, my friend Harriet had to pay a bundle to get her boy a slot in Yale’s Garbage Collector program and he’s only 5 now.

Mr. Bush: Just think of it. [Smiles proudly.] Our son, a Garbage Collector! Thank you very much, Doctor Wilson!

Dr. Wilson: You’re very welcome. [Writes out a prescription.] Now, when you get these abortion pills, you’re to take one each night before you go to bed for the next week. Set up an appointment with my secretary for a week from Tuesday and we’ll make sure they worked. [All three stand and shake hands.]

Mrs. Bush: Thank you again, Doctor Wilson. Bless you.

© 2008 Dra'Gon


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

329 Views
Added on September 25, 2008

Author

Dra'Gon
Dra'Gon

Evansville, IN



About
I'm an aspiring author of Sci/Fi & Fantasy. I have 11 short stories completed and working on novel-length stories. I've also written poems {and a couple limericks} more..

Writing