Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Remarkable

Remarkable

A Story by Hunter Mullis

There is something about the way the world is today.
The 24/7 News cycles, The brink of destruction that seems to be talked to death about, yet is constantly pushed back by a day.
The Human mind, The questions of "Why are we the way that we are?"
Now this world is essentially all I've known, I'm too young to pretend I knew the way things were 20, 30, 40 years ago. But here is one thing that I've noticed in the current time, the current state of our planet and our race that is the same as all those years ago.
That "thing", is the fact that:
Humans are remarkable.
I've noticed that even when things are at their worst, whether it's for one person or a group of  people, When their back is against the wall, there is nothing a person can't do.
You can argue with me, sure, but our ability to persevere, to fight, to survive..
It's truly incredible.
What can happen when you put someone in a situation, with their back against the wall, and something, someone, to fight for, is fascinating. I just felt compelled to write about this fact.
There are so many people I know, that have been through hell, have been through the biggest test's of their lives, ones harder than some of us will ever face, and they're still here.
They're still fighting.
Still living.
There is nothing I can say except that these people are remarkable. 
Every single one of us, Is remarkable.

© 2019 Hunter Mullis


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on April 22, 2019
Last Updated on April 22, 2019

Author

Hunter Mullis
Hunter Mullis

Chilliwack, BC, Canada



About
I don’t come here as often as I used to, Maybe that’ll change. Who knows more..

Writing