Man or Machine (Chapter 1)

Man or Machine (Chapter 1)

A Story by Pat/Blues
"

Axel is a robot that seems more like a Man rather than a Machine. He has the ability to choose his own path in life, his creator hopes he will choose a peaceful one. What will he choose?

"

Man or Machine

By Patrick/Blues


Chapter 1:


Narrator: “Good evening everyone, tonight, you will be told a story.  A story of Man and Machine.  A story of Heroes.  Let it begin!”


Narrator: “In a factory, Denmark, the is year 2100, two men were arguing about the fate of all Mankind.”


Tera: “With hands of iron, there's no task we can't do.”


Dr. Xero: “If you replace the parts, you get a different Machine.  A new function, To conquer, bring Men to their knees.”


Tera: “No . . . What will you become with the things we have created?  I never said that we should break.  I only want to help . . .”


Dr. Xero: “You are a fool”


Tera: “The strength of man is unbeatable, try to break us.”


Dr. Xero: “You will see.  I can and will destroy you all”


Tera: “You underestimate the power of man.”


Dr. Xero: “You are a fool, once again, I will bring mankind to its knees.”


Dr. Xero flipped the switch beside him.  The pistons of thousands of engines could be heard.  It was irreversible now, not one single man is safe anymore.  Tera lunged at Dr. Xero, but suddenly an iron hand extended from the darkness, grabbing Tera by his throat.


Tera: “What?!  I thought they wouldn't be functioning for a few more minutes!”


Dr. Xero:  “You thought wrong, once again Tera.  I have always been one step ahead of you, I have prepared for this moment since we first met.  However, I will not kill you, do you know why?”


Tera was silent, still being held by the machine's ice cold iron fist.  Tera knew he'd lose if he fought here.


Tera: “Why won't you kill me?”


Dr. Xero: “Simple.  I want to see you humiliated, broken, like all men in the coming weeks.”

Tera: “Why?  Why are you doing this?”


Dr. Xero: “Because they were not built to serve, they were built to conquer.  I wouldn't pay any price for someone else to lead them!”


Tera: “You're going to call hurting countless innocents "leading" people!?”


Dr. Xero laughed maniacally.  The machine unclenched it’s hand, dropping Tera onto the ground.  Tera sighed.


Tera: “How will they fight our creations . . ?  They literally were made to set the new standard.”


Tera got an idea, a shock of brilliance.


Tera: “Unless . . I set the standard again, even higher . . That’s it!”


Tera got up, he punched the wall in anger.  He put a hole in the drywall, he walked into the old workshop, all of Dr. Xero’s robots had left already.  Tera began to tear down pieces of machinery in the workshop, setting them on his desk.  Soon enough, the parts were fused together, piece by piece.  He spent hours upon hours constructing and creating.  He heard the news of Dr. Xero’s take over, he ignored it for the time being.  Tera was building what his work had never let him have.  It was the form of his guilt, his love, and his passion to save all who could not be saved.  He built his son, a machine more human than any other ever created.  He built a son, someone to share life with.  A life that is capable of thought and emotion.  As he was nearing completion of his new son, he activated him.  His son's eyes sprang to life, he was lying on a lab table.


Tera: “Axel, wake up, son.”


Axel turned his head, looking at his creator.  He looked around, admiring the equipment.  He then turned back to his mechanic.


Axel: “Hello, who are you?”


Tera looked into Axel's eyes.  Tera’s eyes were filled with joy.  Tera spoke in a soft tone.


Tera: “I'm Tera, I created you.  You're a new type of robot that thinks for himself.  How do you feel, Axel?”


Axel: “I feel fine.  You called me Axel, is that my name?”

End of Chapter 1

© 2016 Pat/Blues


Author's Note

Pat/Blues
I wrote this in a play style, but it's not meant to be actually acted out on a stage, though. Tell me what you all think, I was inspired by The Protomen for this chapter. I promise it will change soon!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on October 12, 2016
Last Updated on October 22, 2016
Tags: Man, Machine, Robots, Robot, Man or Machine, Sci-fi, Science Fiction

Author

Pat/Blues
Pat/Blues

Bel Air, MD



About
Welcome to my profile! I write mainly about robots. more..