The old couple

The old couple

A Story by Bob
"

An elderly couple who are descendants of a cult are suddenly engulfed in the world of something they thought was a myth

"

There was this elderly couple that retired and found a house in the country surrounded by woods and plains. They decided to escape to the country because they’ve lived full lives and felt nothing could replace the new-found excitement in their lives. Now their friends and neighbors were shocked as to them the couple had left in a rush and did not tell anyone. A few weeks before the sudden move the couple took a road trip to the countryside where they discovered a two-story farm house that no one was living in. They figured no one was living there because they knocked on the door and waited for minutes and as they were about to give up and leave the man fell slightly over as the cane he was using got stuck in a crack between the wooded porch and as he quickly grabbed the door to not fall it cracked open and he was amazed. He and his lady slowly walked into the house and it made sense because they were nervous about the fact that the whoever stayed there would leave their door open. In front of them were stairs and to the left was an opening to the kitchen and to the right was another room and the husband suggested that they split up and search the house because it was apparent that no one was there as it was eerily quiet in the house. The wife had watched too many movies and did not want to split up as she was afraid. They entered the room and discovered bookshelves, chandeliers, and tables. They were amazed at the collection of books and were attracted to the books as nothing else in the room mattered. They had to have been in the house for hours because books were piled onto the floor and they were close to the middle of the bookshelf and it was a book called “the great beyond” and as soon as it was pulled the wall across from them opened up and a circle of stairs headed down towards a dungeon of some kind appeared. They gravitated towards it and headed down. They came across this weird set up of a small table with a saw attached to it also with some instruments similar to cufflinks or handcuffs. They then saw a few jars with some kind of liquid in them and saw that is was something else in the jars. The husband hobbled to the table and grabbed a jar and opened it and poured the liquid out of it as his hand was too big to just simply grab the object out of the jar. And to their astonishment a little person dropped out. They glanced back at each other for a few seconds dazed and confused and he reached down using his cane and picked up the person. The man was small but not so small that he could fit in the palm of his hand. He was the size of a 6-year-old girls teddy bear. The liquid somehow froze the little man or whatever species it was as the couple never seen anything like him. After a few minutes the man/alien came to and tried to get away but didn’t have any energy to jump out of the guys hands. He then asked who they were and told them what he remembered about how he got there and that he described his captures. He also told them about the place he was from and explained how he got there. By the time he finished talking 5 minutes had passed by and he begin to disintegrate. But he explained that his kind could not adapt to the cold temperatures he was exposed too and that their body’s shut down after 5 minutes. So as the couple stood flabbergasted and looking around they noticed a book at the end of the other table that was in the room. In this book it had all kinds of directions and information on the little people and also potions and other things that the aliens could be used for. This was the best thing for the couple as their marriage had meaning again but at the cost of another type of life form. See they took the trip because they were tired of living and looking at each other but since discovering this place they had not once argued or said any condescending things to each other. Not knowing what happened to the person who wrote the book or had the house the woman grabbed the book and put it in her purse and the couple quickly rushed to get out the house and back to their home to study the book and come back at a later time. As they got to the top of the stairs and closed the bookcase they concluded that they would use this as their 2nd house. They got to their truck and was leaving when they began to notice a tear in the sky. They were witnessing a dimension tear where the dimension hold would send the little men through and the tear brought strong winds and rain. So, they ended up watching as to them the man was joyous but also terrified. As he ran into the house they knew he did not notice them and they decided to capture him.

© 2021 Bob


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

37 Views
Added on February 9, 2021
Last Updated on February 9, 2021

Author

Bob
Bob

SC



About
A writer who loves to create and share ideas more..

Writing
Experiment of time Experiment of time

A Story by Bob


Twins Twins

A Story by Bob