The Troll's toll

The Troll's toll

A Story by Bobisnotmyuncle
"

A beautiful end to a nightmarish present. The troll's life has been a taxing one and has taken a toll.

"
Wallowing and grimacing in the corner of a mysterious room, the troll pondered its worth. The hardships it may have faced, the sorrows it could have dealt with, a lonesome misery engulfed. Trials and tribulations could be the meaning behind its existence, but even then, that may be abridged and far from the truth. It has lived a life, one that most would not be proud of. A superfluous series of events each as distasteful and miserable as the next. It could have served its sentence with optimism; however, the unknown had to reign. The unknown is often spiteful and unleashes its judgement with no bias. As each judgement passed would have to be dealt with only a shrug. It is what it is and stops at that. The emptiness and darkness of the room has left the troll blind, but its tears were more than enough to see. It helped with seeing its truth. Rendering it capable of reflecting on the actions of the unknown, the troll continued to weep. The room was small and cramped. It had no scent, no style, and almost entirely void of substance. The troll created this room, as its guilt and nagging pains carved it into existence. The troll may dislike the unknown, but the unknown is quite fond of the troll. Sometimes, the unknown, as widespread as it is, gifts moments to the troll. Moments that can lift mountains and erupt volcanoes. The very moments that a newborn calf experiences outside of the mother's womb. A moment is a powerful thing with infinite prowess. To utilize this power effectively lays deep inside the accused. The troll sits and sits until sores appear, as he rots in the corner. The troll has been here for so long, that it cannot recognize the moments. The moments needed to wield an existence worthwhile. So, the troll, as hopeless as it was, remained where it sat until the room was no more. The guilt and nagging pains have been lifted, and the unknown has made a new friend. Perhaps these moments can be shared amongst the two now.

© 2024 Bobisnotmyuncle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
Added on January 31, 2024
Last Updated on January 31, 2024
Tags: #agony, #sad, #beautiful, #troll, #friendship

Author

Bobisnotmyuncle
Bobisnotmyuncle

About
Your average consumer and producer of the fine writes. I write to fill the void with words. Writing is both the outlet and the fork. more..

Writing
Brash Brash

A Story by Bobisnotmyuncle