Indifference

Indifference

A Story by Bobisnotmyuncle
"

It seems the world would rather continue to play than be put on pause.

"
Why do you have to be like this? Hmm, I don't know; I guess I was just born this way? No, that can't be it. It would need to be molded by your experiences in life, possibly the environment as well. Hmm, I wouldn't think this as true. Erm, am I that awful that you have to ask me that question? Yes, I despise you. I wish you weren't here right now. I cannot handle this. Uhh, look, I'm sorry you think this way, but I need you here right now. No, you don't. You deserve everything you have put yourself through. I don't need you, nor do I think about you. Oookay, I I, understand, but I'll always be here for you. No, you won't.
An entire conversation whispered to himself, moments before his death. The tripod and the camera bore witness to this with thousands of meager souls on the other end, greedily consuming its production. One happened to be his own mother, as she was held hostage to survey such gruesome material. Although, what's even more saddening is the indifference she felt. I don't think the kidnappers will be gifted that ransom. Another, a wealthy gentleman with too much time on his hands and an insatiable taste for the taboo. He lost millions of dollars wagering a bet upon the death of the man in the box. I'm sure he has enough funds to not be bothered by such a loss. 
The blood poured. 
The video, static. 
The world, revolving. 
Another day.

© 2024 Bobisnotmyuncle


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is so unsettling and haunting. I’m in awe of your talent.

Posted 1 Month Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Bobisnotmyuncle

1 Month Ago

That is very nice of you to say! Thank you. It managed to provoke what I was hoping it would.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2024
Last Updated on February 1, 2024
Tags: #thisisamerica, #worldpeace, #greed, #society

Author

Bobisnotmyuncle
Bobisnotmyuncle

About
Your average consumer and producer of the fine writes. I write to fill the void with words. Writing is both the outlet and the fork. more..

Writing
Brash Brash

A Story by Bobisnotmyuncle