My Lovers wings

My Lovers wings

A Story by Jacob Nicholls

Night gathers as I stare into the sky watching the stars gather and cover the sky; I stare at them remembering Him and what he means to me, Oh how I wish he would come to me and carry me from this place of Suffering, Hatred, and Betrayal. We are of separate worlds but that means little to me and he comes to me, I stare into the stars waiting for him to return to me...his lover and soul mate. I fear the worst for him as he is absent this past several nights my heart pounds like a Waring drum; Tears begin to form around my eye's as bright as the stars themselves I cannot sleep for my dreams are plagued with nightmares and only he can comfort me, as I lower my head to the stone I hold the ring he has given to me in my hand wishing he would return to me. I squeeze the ring hard into my palm pressing it into my skin and my tears flow down my face fearing the worse of what might of happened to him, I looked down at the Palace's road seeing the angry faces of people storming in to take what is theirs by force. I have made up my mind and if he would not come to me tonight I would go to him; I would jump from the Balcony with the ring upon my finger binding us together forever, I would join him in the next life as his lover, his wife, and his soul mate forever. From Below I hear the cries of battle and the screams of death from the soldiers and the servants; I rush to the door locking it panting for breath fearing the worse, I look at the ring and place it upon my ring finger closing my eye's and whisper your name.

A gust of wind breathes through the balcony and I see you my love, Hair white as snow, skin pale as the stars, and wings as dark and beautiful of that of a raven. I rush to you falling into your arms and your embrace, he lays his head on my shoulder and whispers "It is time my love" he raises his head and I look into his blue eye's. He places both hands upon my cheeks and we share a kiss so sweet and passionate I loose myself in it, as our lips depart I lower my to hide my blushed face only to see my mortal shell laying across the floor. He's hand in mine he leads me to the balcony as the door to my chambers burst open showing the mob, they look down at my body but they do not see us in the moon light. Now he hugs me close with wings spread ready to fly I ask him "where are we to go now my husband?" with a small hop and a flick of his wings we take off into the night, as we fly he whispers he's answer "Our home. We fly straight to the sky and with a flash of light we land among the stars forming our own consolation with his wings still spread taking us home...upon my lovers wings.

© 2018 Jacob Nicholls


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Beautiful I love it I'll return to read more

Posted 6 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

338 Views
1 Review
Added on March 28, 2017
Last Updated on January 7, 2018
Tags: Love, Sad, Happy, Fiction