Fragile

Fragile

A Story by Kerri
"

"A human life is so very precious." - "Good Die Young,' D-12

"

Another young life, shattered in an instant. It’s horrible to say, but maybe she was asking for it. I mean, if you’re completely trashed, you must have a death wish to operate a vehicle. Speeding plus smashing into a guardrail could equal instant death.

 

I almost wish she didn’t know what hit her.

 

And then, I can’t blame it solely on her. Where were her friends? Oh, yes, that’s right. Laughing at her because she was so s**t-faced. Laughing at her because she couldn’t find her keys, when they were in another drunk ‘friend’s’ hands. Where were the friends that let her drive home like that? I hope they’re in a sea of guilt, knowing that her death could have been prevented if only someone called a taxi or another mutual friend who was sober that night.

 

Sadly, I know they will feel nothing but sadness because she died. They will continue to be oblivious to their own follies, and they will continue to go out drinking and partying and driving home intoxicated.

 

And where were her parents? Her sister? He sister went through this phase. She managed to make it out alive and get her act straightened out. Where was she to tell her sister, “You have a problem. Let me help you.” Where was she? Oh, that’s right. Allowing her little sister to take her old ID so she could ‘legally’ buy liquor.

 

I am quickly learning that the human life is more fragile than glass. She will be the fifth teenager, the fifth friend I’ve had to see buried in the ground before their time.

© 2010 Kerri


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
Added on February 16, 2010
Last Updated on February 16, 2010

Author

Kerri
Kerri

RI



About
I've been writing for about eight years now and prefer creative writing over anything else, pretty much. I have also taken college-level classes for writing in general. I started out writing fan-ficti.. more..

Writing
Three Three

A Story by Kerri


Dreams Dreams

A Story by Kerri


Haunt Haunt

A Story by Kerri