Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Blue Bird

Blue Bird

A Story by Brooke
"

Two strangers get to talking at a bar while waiting for someone.

"

Prompt: Write a story about two strangers chatting for a little while waiting for something.


I sit down at the bar looking around and then drop my eyes back down to my phone lying in my hand. All it says is to meet at this bar. I sit down at a chair covered in red cloth. I wait for about five to ten minutes before ordering a drink. I see a guy enter the bar and look around. I drop my eyes back down to my drink, swishing is around in the cup. I see him slide into the seat beside me and flag the bartender. I see her lean over the counter, and her shirt falls forward, though I see him look respectfully away back down at the choices of drinks in front of him. The bartender nods and leans back grabbing the glass in front of the drying rack. I watch her pour multiple liquids into the cup before mixing it and pour it over the ice with a hiss. She slides the cup to him letting one single drop spill down the side of the cup. I see the bartender nod at me and point to the cup. “Yeah, I’ll take whatever he is having. But layered.” She grabs another cup front he rack and starts to pour each liquid in it but this time over the ice directly. 


The man beside me says “I don’t know if you can handle it.” He laughs and soon I join in.


 “I’m sure I’ll be able to.” I say as the drink gets slid over to me. The different colors don’t mix at all but instead staying stacked on top of each other. I take a large swing of it letting it stay in my mouth so I can savor it. The taste was bitter at first leaving a burning trail down my throat. But then after the bitter taste faded it was a sweet taste that reminded me of a sweet candy I used to eat as a child. I smack the glass down on the table licking my lips with the tip of my tongue. “Well done, most people can’t take the first bitter taste.” 


“You mean most girls don’t you?” 


He shrugs at me “Take it as you will.” I nod and take another swing but swallow without tasting it. “So what are you just out to have some fun alone? Drowning some sorrows?” 


“Uh neither.” 


“I see.” 


“How about you?” 


“Waiting for someone. But they were supposed to be here 30 minutes ago.” 


“What are you waiting for?” 


“Blue bird.” I say remembering the code word. 


“Ah so we are here for each other.” He hands me the cloth bag, finishing his drinking and signaling a bartender and handing her a 100 dollar bill telling her to keep the change before winking at me and walking out briskly.

© 2020 Brooke


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

12 Views
Added on August 11, 2020
Last Updated on August 11, 2020
Tags: #mystery

Author

Brooke
Brooke

NC



About
I've been writing since I was in 3rd grade and reading even before that. I write all the time. Email:[email protected] more..