The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

The Grass is Greener on the Other Side

A Story by Yue Zhang

Grass, the grass tastes yucky here. So many dead leaves, it's so cold now. Mamma says we have to stay here though, because the trees will protect us. I don't believe her. The trees are dumb, just like those fat creatures living in them. The grass looks yellow today, like pee. I don't want to eat pee-colored grass. I wonder if the grass looks the same by the stream. Mamma says we aren't allowed to go there by ourselves. She said something about humans. Whatever humans are, I'm not scared of them; they sound stupid like those fat creatures in the trees. It's getting dark, no one will see me. I'll just go take a quick peek. Mamma won't even notice I'm gone. The leaves stop growing over there, no trees either. Eh, the sky's so dark, no one will spot me. 
"S**t!" Marc yells as he swears left, hitting the metal railing on the side on the road. He slams his car door and walks to the front. "Oh my god. This is why I hate driving at night!" The dent in his hood looked like it was going to cost a few thousand. "This is all your fault!" He screamed, at the still body, lying in an awkward position in the middle of the road. He quickly gets back into his car and drives around the obstacle, all the while cursing it. 
Traces of the accident were removed, and a new yellow sign stood by the side of the road, as if a memorial, depicting a shadow of a deer.

© 2011 Yue Zhang


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

183 Views
Added on April 6, 2011
Last Updated on April 7, 2011

Author

Yue Zhang
Yue Zhang

AZ



About
Hello reader, my name is Jenny Zhang, and I am a teen author. Hopefully, someday my books will become best sellers. If you have read one of my unfinished books, and wish to read more, please message .. more..

Writing