The Real Loners

The Real Loners

A Story by Yue Zhang

Loners, those who had to go through four years of miserable solitude, who lingered behind the pack, waiting for a hint of recognition, someone to reach out and pull them in. For some it never happened. They pretended like it didn't matter, smiling when others smile, but the emptiness is still there. You're probably thinking about that one girl who always sat in the corner, eating lunch by herself day in and day out. Well, that same girl probably pities the real loner. That's right, I'm talking about that one girl whose voice you hear a mile down the road screaming, "No way!" That girl who tries so hard to relate to others, but ultimately cannot, because she does not fit in her pack. You can't force the wrong puzzle piece to fit without deforming it. Thus she is deformed. She will always be the loner, seeking attention from the wrong people, always putting up a front, trying to act unnatural. We've all had moments of giddiness, been over dramatic, but when those moments become a norm, we lose a part of ourselves, the part that is genuine you. It's like coating an already sweet candy with corn syrup. It's not appealing, it never will be appealing. High school is dramatic, teenagers ready to face the world, but it is also the place where you discover more of yourself. Do you really want to discover a fake? A phony that will shadow and eventually suffocate the real you? Who cares if the popular people think knitting club is for losers? Join it. Really want to laugh at a nerdy joke? Snort to your heart's content. Nature is attracted to real flowers, not fake ones. Only the busy buy fake flowers as decoration, because no one has the time to water it. 

© 2011 Yue Zhang


Author's Note

Yue Zhang
Inspired by the movies Keith, and 13 going onto 30.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
Added on April 20, 2011
Last Updated on October 27, 2011
Tags: Loners, High School

Author

Yue Zhang
Yue Zhang

AZ



About
Hello reader, my name is Jenny Zhang, and I am a teen author. Hopefully, someday my books will become best sellers. If you have read one of my unfinished books, and wish to read more, please message .. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Compartment 114
Compartment 114