Up the Stairs

Up the Stairs

A Story by Adam Faison
"

Sometimes things are not meant to be known. You may find out and not like what you find...

"

Up the Stairs


1

            Bobby was slowly walking down the hall with his friend James. As they walked to go down stairs, Bobby noticed stairs that go up another floor. He hadn’t noticed them before. He asked James if he had seen them before.

            “I had not seen them before.”

            “Me neither.” Bobby said as he walked into Mr. Smith’s class. As the hour past all he could think about was the stairs. When the class was over he walked up to Mr. Smith to ask him about the stairs.

            “Mr. Smith, what is up the stairs to the top floor?” Mr. Smith seemed to be angered by the question.

            “There is nothing up there but janitor supplies.” Bobby walked out thinking a whole floor for janitor supplies! I think not. As Bobby walked up to the first floor, he had the urge to walk up the stairs, but he saw Mr. Ford coming down the hall. So instead, he walked to his next class.

            Mr. Fredrick was teaching on the Roswell crash. “Did it really happen? Was there aliens? All good questions, but all unable to be answered.” He continued to talk on the news reports and such, but all bobby thought of was the stairs. After class he walked up to Mr. Fredrick, he was writing in a journal.

            “Mr. Fredrick can I ask a question?”

            “Sure Bobby.”

            “What’s on the top floor?”

            “Nothing important just…” as he explained he wrote a note saying:

 

                        Meet me at my Camry after school. I’ll be there after

                                            After I drop something off.

           

Bobby read the note and said “Thanks for explaining, see you tomorrow.”

 

 

After school Bobby walked to Mr. Fredrick’s car. Mr. Fredrick was inside; he told Bobby to quickly get in. “Ok, so what do you know?”

“Well, for starters, every year a child goes missing.”

“Wouldn’t somebody notice?”

“No, because only us teachers remember. Everyone else forgets; that is one of its many powers.”

“It?” Bobby said confusingly.

“Yes, it came in the Roswell crash. It connected to our parents, and our parents connected us to it.”

“Why let me know, you could have lied to me?” 

              “It has been a burden on me for too long. Mr. Fredrick froze and said “Who else knew of the stairs?”

            “No one but me.”

            “What about your friend James?”

            “Who’s James?”

 

2

            “Who’s James?” Bobby asked again.

            “More like who was and is now not.”

            “What!?”

            “He went up the stairs. His soul will be devoured by master.”

            “You call it master!?”

            “Sorry old habit. They are coming; they know I have told you. I will connect you also, so you do not forget.” He grabbed Bobby’s hand, and a surge went through Bobby.

            “I can feel them coming now too.”

            “Yes, they can hear what you say now. But, if you write it down, they will not know what you say. They can control ones that they connect, but only the one who connected the person can control the newly connected person. Now quickly leave, I am afraid you will not see me again. So, goodbye.”

            “I will save you and James when the time is right.” Bobby said as he sprinted to his bike and rode home.

 

            As he walked through his door his mother asked “What took you?”

            “I was talking to a teacher about Homework.”

            “Oh, ok hon.” Bobby walked up to his room and laid down falling asleep. The dream he had was a vivid picture of Mr. Fredrick being dragged to the stairs. He awoke and thought I have to get to him and James out now! He walked down stairs to see it had been an hour.

            “Mom, I’m going to a friend’s house.”

            Ok hon, be home for bed.” Bobby walked outside to his bike and rode towards the school.

 

3

            As he arrived at the school, he could feel the other teachers tying Mr. Fredrick up. He crawled through an open window and went for the stairs. He finally found them and as he walked up and around the corner, he saw a door with a weird symbol on it. The symbol looked like two infinity signs intertwined.

He heard chanting coming from behind the door. I am going to die, but I must try to help. Bobby thought as he opened the door slowly. He saw the teachers in robes, and Mr. Ford was saying something “Master, please accept these two sacrifices. Let it bring you two years of satisfaction instead of one.” He had a dagger in one hand. The other teachers also had daggers sheathed. Bobby thought quickly and ran up to one and pulled the dagger out. Poking a teacher in the back with it.

            “Let them go or I’ll kill him!” Bobby yelled.

            “He is ready to die for his master.” So Bobby slashed his leg and threw him into the arms of the others. He ran to the posts which Mr. Fredrick and James were tied to. He cut the rope around James, but as he was about to cut the rope on Mr. Fredrick, the beast was in front of him.

            The beast was nine feet tall, had long arms with sharp curved nails. It was very scaly and green. It slashed at Mr. Fredrick and his soul flew out of him. The beast devoured it slowly as Bobby ran for the door with James around him. The teachers surrounded him, but the beast stepped on one of them. Now scattered Bobby threw open the door, but Mr. Ford grabbed James’s loose hand. A surge ran through James’s body.

            Bobby slashed at his hand, and Mr. Ford threw his hand back. Bobby ran down the stairs and out the window from where he came. He put James on his bike, and he got on to. As he struggled pedaling, he made It home just as his mom went to bed. He went upstairs and sat James on the guest bed, and set the dagger on the dresser. Mr. Fredrick was dead and Bobby was deeply said. He began to cry, but at least he saved his best friend. He then fell asleep.

 

 

           

            Bobby was awaked by his mother’s Scream. As he ran in, he saw blood. He walked up to her; her throat was cut. Mr. Ford connected… but that was all Bobby could think before James plunged the dagger into his throat. The laugh that James’s let out was not his but Mr. Ford’s.

© 2012 Adam Faison


Author's Note

Adam Faison
This was inspired by me and my friend walking by a pair of stairs at our school that nobody knows where they go.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

199 Views
Added on July 2, 2012
Last Updated on July 2, 2012
Tags: supernatural, demons, Roswell

Author

Adam Faison
Adam Faison

Corbin, KY



About
I love to read, play video games, watch movies, and most importantly, write! more..

Writing