The curse brought by twilight's river.

The curse brought by twilight's river.

A Story by C.A.Griffiths
"

When a young man drinks the water from a river his life changes. Part 1 of the wielding the blade of dreams series.

"
In the waves of night, when the tides swept against the banks, I recall standing on the littoral, and as stared into my reflection, I fell into the depths belonging to the river of twilight.
  Whilst I was within its presence, I needed to quench my thirst, and while I drank from its water, knowing nothing about its curse, I felt a pain, flowing, within me like if I were split into two, but as I attempt to return to the shore, the sun lustred through the branches, belonging to the trees, melting, and shattering, everything into fragments of what they used to be. 
    I was brought to a room, where light was the thing that could abscond from beyond these walls; as I waited for the arrival of my fortune, amongst myself I thought I heard the laughter of a beast. 
  Once he revealed himself, I saw that he stood with a crooked stance, as his back curved at an arch, and that was also when I witnessed the scar, that lied on his stomach; while I took a  glance at the sweat that fell from his brows, he screamed
      "Your end is now!" 
                He chased me to the endless reaches of these halls, growling; 
          "Prepare to witness your fate, because while, I am on guard you will never escape, you shall never last when you are within my grasp!" 
        After hours of running, I was caught, within the monster''s field of vision, his eyes rotated towards me, his hands were  placed on the cloth that shrouded my chest, he teared the fabric apart, but as the last pendelous strand, remained perceriously, I discovered the imprint of the demon was located on my abdomen. 
    Then I asked who he was, he responded; 
        "I am who you were before you consumed the stream, and I am also the dreams, you once had, the ones you abandoned, and left to die." 
      Those were the demon's  final words before he turned to ash, which separated, and transformed into pools, that were two portals to another world, where a faint glow was casted from its end, however on my side the shadow seem to have started to desend. 

© 2018 C.A.Griffiths


Author's Note

C.A.Griffiths
All comments and types of critism are welcomed as along as they are related to the subject of what I have written and involves constructive criticism.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

45 Views
Added on July 17, 2018
Last Updated on July 17, 2018
Tags: #short stories, #poetry #fantasy #abstract

Author

C.A.Griffiths
C.A.Griffiths

Llanelli, Wales., United Kingdom



Writing