Mirrors

Mirrors

A Story by BradleyBarnett
"

Mirrors is a story about a day in the life of a character named Brody.

"
Brody plummeted towards the floor from his bed, hoping it was still early enough for him to take care of plans before going to work. He pulled himself up to his feet, using the bed to do so. He stumbled across the room to the bathroom door. Immediatley he strips down and jumps into the shower. After about ten minutes he realized he never even checked the clock. He dried off and jetted into his room looking at the clock on his wall. It was eight in the morning, he didn't have to be at work until six that night.
After Brody got ready and brushed his long dark hair, he left at eight thirty. He doesn't own a car so he has to walk to take care of his errands. That was ok with Brody, he was lucky enough to get up early to deal with his plans. As he walked down the streets he covered his nose. The atrocious smell always bothered him, there was always dead bodies in the streets. Brody didn't like the bodies, but they've always been there. New bodies every few days filled the streets; they pile up pretty high from time to time.
He soldiered on through the streets as he walked into a coffee joint. He smiled as the smell of coffee scared away the stench of bodies in the cafe. He walked to the counter smiling at the woman behind it. She quietly said "mornin' Brody, what can i get you today?". Brody smiled replying with "Hey Kayla, I-", he got lost in her eyes,"I just want a cup of black coffee". He slides two dollars onto the counter. He strolled to the back of the store, sliding into the last booth so that he can watch Kayla walk to him with the coffee.
After his momentous visit to the coffee place more people started showing up on the streets, or he just now noticed them. Actually there were a lot of people out that day. Brody walked with a pack of people down the sidewalk; all of them most likely on there way to work. Brody tried to focus on the smell of the body sprays the people were wearing, but couldn't get passed the odor of the dead bodies. Those bodies didn't seem to bother anyone else but Brody. As he walked with the people, he tripped, landing on the filthy sidewalk. He landed right in a puddle of blood from one of the fresh bodies. He rolled over to get back on his feet. While doing so, he got more blood on his shirt.
Brody kept walking on the sidewalk. He had forgotten where he was going all of a sudden, but he continued forward still. Brody figured wherever he needed to go was the way he was already traveling. Brody continued walking down the street, he also continued tripping and landing in puddles of blood. After an hour or so of walking down the same street, he stopped and sat on one of the many benches he had seen. His legs were beginning to get tired. He noticed all the other people suddenly again, they were sitting on benches as well. In fact, everyone had their own individual bench. There was no movement at all, besides all the people on benches fidgiting about.
Brody began to notice the amount of fidgiting after a while though, even his own fidgiting. It was a smidge more than what most people would consider normal. He also noticed the amount of dead bodies, and how they lined up symmetrical all the way down the never-ending street. Soon Brody noticed a businessman walking down the street with a okay dressed woman that looked pretty rough. Brody figured the woman was a prostitute of some sort, she gave off that kind of vibe. Brody looked up and down the street, noticing more businessmen and prostitutes together.
After the men and their women of the night froze in place, Brody felt a raindrop fall onto his face. The raindrop felt thicker than it should have to Brody, so he licked it off his cheek almost already expecting what it actually was. The taste of blood tainted his mouth as he looked up. When he looked up he found that he was looking into his own face. He was looking into an upside down version of where he was. All of the people were standing up when Brody looked back down, including Brody. Brody began to run down the street, bumping into the businessmen and hookers.
Brody sprinted down the street for some time, still bumping into people. Suddenly Kayla from the coffee place began to appear with the men and hookers. Brody noticed all the other people on the streets running with him. Every last one of them, even Brody, were covered in blood at this point. The men, prostitutes, and Kayla copies suddenly all appeared hanging from the sky dead, with no eyes, only bloody holes where eyes used to be. All of the people turned into Brody as they all dropped to their knees banging at their heads screaming gibberish.
Brody soon heard a knocking sound, as if someone had been knocking loudly on a door nearby. After a minute or so a rectangular shape opened like a door, a blinding light shining through it right in front of Brody. Brody then remembered he was on his way to work as the big man with the cloth mask threw a new body and a knife into Brody's small room of mirrors. This room had four mirrors for walls and also for a ceiling. From the ceiling hung three bodies, a man in a suit, a prostitute, and a very pretty girl labeled as Kayla by Brody. The floor around Brody was covered in dead bodies.
Brody soon got to work cutting out the newest body's eyes, and hanging him from the ceiling by his arms with rope. Brody then put the knife by the door, took off his day clothes, put on his sleeping clothes, and went to bed after his long day. He needed to get sleep so he could get up early the next day.

© 2013 BradleyBarnett


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

BradleyBarnett
Sorry for Grammar if it's not great...Tell me what you think. I'm new to writing.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
Added on October 12, 2013
Last Updated on October 12, 2013
Tags: Horror, Short Story, Twist, Creepy, Scary, Dark

Author

BradleyBarnett
BradleyBarnett

Oak ridge , TN



About
Ehhh, i Write short horror stories. more..

Writing
The Man The Man

A Story by BradleyBarnett