Response to the poem "The road not taken"

Response to the poem "The road not taken"

A Story by BrandonTheEnigma
"

This is a prmpt my English teacher made me write to the poem The Road Not Taken

"

The road I took that was less traveled on in these parts is rather simple to explain. I am a writer. I write books, I write poems, I do freestyle writing with random words. In these parts you are looked at as strange if you actually enjoy writing which I thoroughly enjoy. Tis'a path I have long traveled and at times sprinted along. It's more of a world then a road I suppose you could say. You lose yourself in the many twists and turns and zigzags inside. You become completely cut off from the living world and enter a world completely of the mind unrestricted by the beliefs and opinions of society. The ever crumbling world. In writer's world there is nothing that you can't do, nothing you can't change. No one can stop you from moving forward. No one can tell you your wrong. No one can tell you your not good enough. You move on at your own pace in such a place. The road never ends. To quote the great J.R.R Tolkien “The road goes ever on and on down from the door where it began” Why did I choose such a road might you ask? I chose it because I was tired of the living world and needed to escape to another world. I can come and go along such a road as often as I please and I can stay as long as I want. I will never stray from the road for very long. An outcast in the living world can be a king on the writer's road in the writer's world. I am a king on such a road. I post my laws, I have my followers. One day my followers could consist of wizards and elves and the next it could be world war 2 solders storming the beaches of Normandy. Limitless power Have I on such a road. Limitless land, limitless wealth, limitless ability have I. Unshackled by the realism demanded by the living world I can soar through the clouds beside the eagles. I can glide through the water with the sharks or run through the woods with the deer. I could take down a giant or be humbled by a dwarf however I choose to live. I work towards being the greatest king among writers of all time even surpassing the aforementioned great J.R.R Tolkien may he rest in peace. I strive to become unrivaled and unchallenged on such a road. The best thing of my kingdom on the writer's road in the writer's world resided over by the writing gods is that I can come and go as I please. There is no deadline for me, there is no time limit. The writer's road in the writer's world is what I have chosen and it is most definitely less traveled.

© 2013 BrandonTheEnigma


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

135 Views
Added on May 6, 2013
Last Updated on May 6, 2013

Author

BrandonTheEnigma
BrandonTheEnigma

Does it matter?, ME



About
My writing style is dark and depressive if you don't like it then dont read I write likeJ. R. R. TolkienI Write Like by Mémoires, journal software. Analyze your writing! more..

Writing