Dying

Dying

A Story by BreethesFire
"

A story of a girl who tells the truth of her death. * if you can't tolerate "foul" language, do not read this

"
The cycle of life is like a stream. 
Living is like floating down a calm and quiet stream. 
It was a cold afternoon up on the mountains of Ruidoso, New Mexico, however the chill was only upon my skin. I knew nothing of the mountains except for the woods that blanketed them. I knew not my way through them. I knew nothing of the inhabitants; how close the next house was, who lived there, etc. I knew noting of the behavior of the wildlife. I was clueless. 
I'd told my parents nothing of my trip out into the wilderness. I'd simply put on my snowboots and coat and left without a word said. I'd figured I'd be back home within a couple of hours at most. 
I was only twelve years old. 
I'd only been walking for thirty minutes when snow began to fall. At first the scene displayed before my eyes was beautiful, but the snow began to fall harder and faster. I realized shortly after that I'd been caught in a snowstorm. I began to turn back, however I could no longer find the trail I'd been following beneath the snow. I began to panic and decided to walk on, hoping I would come across a home, or maybe even find my way back home. 
Within the next few minutes the wind was blowing me into a slanted position as I walked and all of my digits were numb. I'd began to lose hope in survival when I saw an outline of a cabin only a few feet ahead of me. I'd found new hope to push my cold legs forward. 
You are in oblivion though you swerve around rocks
I'd reached the house and circled the house until I found the porch steps. As I climbed them, the glow of warmth that comes from a fire became brighter. As I stopped at the door, heat radiated from it and i put my hand on the door, warming my fingers, until I was able to knock on the door without pain. 
I waited patiently until the door was opened and revealed a boy, seeming to have already graduated from high school. His hair was a brown mess, his eyes were red though his irises were a beautiful shade of hazel. His features were strong but welcoming. He was dressed in baggy jeans and a white shirt. 
"What do you want," he asked. His voice was rough against my ears like nails on a chalkboard. 
"I'm lost," I said as I looked up into his eyes. 
"Well... what do you want me to do about it, Kid," he asked as he leaned against the door and crossed his arms in attempt to shield himself from the cold. 
"Could I please stay here until the snow passes," I asked.
Right then another boy showed up. "Is that Mel," he asked, but then stopped when he saw me, "Who's the kid?"
"She says she got lost," he said. 
"Well, let her in, Man, its getting f*****g cold in here," he said. I noticed that this other boy was dressed in the same attire, however his black hair was shorter and tidy, and his grey eyes weren't bloodshot. The first boy stepped aside to let me in. The warmth in the room began to warm me as the door closed behind me.  
"What's you're name, Kid," the second boy asked. 
"Lynda," I replied. 
"Well I'm Perry, and that's Niles," he said as he gestured towards the one who opened the door, Niles.
"I'm going back to the backroom, keep her out, we don't need to be arrested for kidnap as well as weed," Niles said and pattered down the hall. 
"You can take off your jacket and take a seat," Perry suggested and gestured toward the couch. I did so and Perry sat on the couch in front of me. 
"So how'd you get lost, Lynda," he asked. 
"I went for a walk, and the snow started and covered the trail I was taking," I replied. 
"How old are you," he asked.
"I'm twelve," I replied. 
"You're young," he laughed and sat back. 
"How old are you," I asked. 
"I'm nineteen, and Niles is already going to be twenty-two," he replied. 
"If you don't mind me asking... what are you guys doing up here? This is a rent cabin, not a home," I asked. 
"Well, since its Niles's birthday, we decided to hold a house party up here, but for the past three hours all its been is smoking and drinking. I'm pretty sure Niles is getting it in," he said and laughed. I laughed too, though I didn't exactly know what he meant. 
There was silence and my eyes began to feel heavy. 
"Hey, you look tired," Perry said. 
"I am," I replied. 
"Well, come on, you can rest while we wait for the storm to subside," he said and stood from the couch. I stood and followed him down the hall to a room. I coughed as I smelled something funky in the air. 
"Oh, s**t, Niles is smoking," Perry said. He stopped as he held onto the door knob, I could tell he was thinking. "Sleep facing away from the door," he said and proceeded to open the door. The room was much cooler than the living room, however it was warm enough to make me want to sleep. I walked passed Perry and dropped onto the bed. I heard the door close behind me as I rolled around to face away from the door. I closed my eyes and fell into a deep sleep almost immediately. 
Then the loud crash ahead subtly alerts you...
In my dream

© 2013 BreethesFire


Author's Note

BreethesFire
If you cannot handle "foul" language, please do not read this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Wow, what you have is intense,entrapping and riviting. I'm not sure if this was meant to be a stand alone or if there is more that is yet to be written? I picture the girl falling asleep and dreaming about something bad that happens... but it's like the scene just cuts off, like a movie reel came off the wheel and the screen went white.
I hope there is more to this story! It's fascinating!

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BreethesFire

11 Years Ago

I will continue to work on this piece however I am workig on the next scene as well as a book, you .. read more



Reviews

Wow, what you have is intense,entrapping and riviting. I'm not sure if this was meant to be a stand alone or if there is more that is yet to be written? I picture the girl falling asleep and dreaming about something bad that happens... but it's like the scene just cuts off, like a movie reel came off the wheel and the screen went white.
I hope there is more to this story! It's fascinating!

Aaron

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

BreethesFire

11 Years Ago

I will continue to work on this piece however I am workig on the next scene as well as a book, you .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Added on January 2, 2013
Last Updated on January 3, 2013
Tags: death, dying

Author

BreethesFire
BreethesFire

El Paso, TX



About
I'm 15 and I'm a bandgeek. Another passion of mine is writing, which is why I'm here. I like to write all different things and am constantly going through different genres of writing. more..

Writing