Giving Back

Giving Back

A Story by BrendenBooks
"

A fake story of hardship and pain

"

Giving Back

As the car shrieks and comes to a stop and the window rolls down, a faded past of hardship and pain. My name is Darnell. I grew up on the north side of Philly.. We had little money and a small apartment. My parents  raised 6 kids, 1 of them was me. One night I was on East Market corner and a man pulls up. He was in a black limo and wore a white suit. He said to me “Get in the car if you want a better life.” Then he said," I have a deal that you MUST take."

I replied," What type a deal?"

The deal was that this man out of nowhere would take me under his wing give me an honest job and give me a fresh start. I took the deal. I got in the car.

The next place he took me was a small but nice apartment on the south side of Philly. It was a studio apartment and I loved it, well anything was better than my mom’s house with 5 other kids in it. He was giving me the apartment. It was the most amazing thing in my entire life!

Then he gave me a backpack and notebooks and pencils. He said “Tomorrow you will go to school.” I was in shock. In my head I was thinking “This crazy person wants me to go to school?” But I was not going to give up this apartment and this life so the next morning I woke up and trugged my a*s to school. That day was the longest and most painful day of my life. I had never had to do something that hard. For the next 3 years I worked my a*s off to get As - and I did it! I graduated high school with top honors. I had a full ride to Eckerd College in Florida. I was going to become a doctor!

Going to college was really hard. I left Philly and was on my way to my new home. The man whose name was John Baker, the CEO of Enormacorp - a huge company - was riding right next to me in a coach class seat on the plane. Then I did something that I had never expected to do. I turned to him and said “ Why did you do all of this for me?” John turned to me and said

“ Why not?” I was very confused. This man was paying for me to do everything and took me off the street corner one random night and was helping me get through my life and make it so much better for me. He never asked for anything in return. I had no idea why, but if he hadn’t done this I would not be on this plane going to Florida to start a new life.

In University I studied my hardest and got all A’s again. I felt like I was unstoppable. I was not a typical teen boy. I had nothing, and the kids at my school had everything compared to me. I would sit in my room every night and study because I wanted the highest grades on every test. I graduated from college and went on to become a doctor at Columbia Hospital in New York. I had everything, and I had one person to thank.

Then one day a note came at my door, John had died. It was the saddest day of my life. After his memorial service I took a plane to Philly and rolled down my window on the same street corner.

© 2015 BrendenBooks


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
Added on November 10, 2015
Last Updated on November 10, 2015