Along Side Them

Along Side Them

A Story by Brett
"

A small piece of what im writing. Please give input, thank you!

"
"You killed him Mason." Caroline turned from the river and looked at me.  Her eyes start to reflect the moons light as tears begin to form. "You killed him didn't you?" She says as a sigh comes from my mouth and i look down at my hands, remembering what i had done with them a few hours ago.
"Caroline, I..." I pause, trying to gather my thoughts.  I look back at the river, I can hear Felix laughing and i would smile if I weren't in this situation. "I did kill him.  But you have to understand I had to."  I did have to kill Aaron.  He was bitten, there wasn't anything I could've done.  Caroline nods her head along with a tear rolling down her cheek.
"I know you did, but he.." Caroline holds her hand to her mouth and closes her eyes.  "He was my brother."  I do feel bad for Caroline, the only family she had left was gone, by my hands.  Caroline storms back to our set up.  Everyone knows why she is crying, and I can hear them try to comfort her, but from the way it sounds Caroline just wants to be alone.
I stay at the edge of the bridge for a while longer, something about this river reminds me of how pretty the world is, even if the world has become hell.  Footsteps come closer towards me and Lear takes a seat in the same spot Caroline did.
"Im sorry you had to do what you did, I should've taken authority and done it myself" Lear says very calmly. I can tell he wants to cry himself, but wont around anyone else.
"I was the one with the gun, there wasn't a point in handing it over" I say to reassure Lear.  Lear takes a deep breath and stands up.
"Dinner is ready." Lear walks away and I stand up as I hear his footsteps leave the wood and into the soft grass.  I hear Felix laugh again, and I cant do anything but smile.

© 2015 Brett


Author's Note

Brett
Please tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like your writing, though I had to read it twice to really get the gist of it. It seems to all run together, the paragraphs not seeming to stand out. There are some apostrophe's missing, and your capitols "I and i" need a look at. I liked it though, and am interested in what the story is about.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

44 Views
1 Review
Added on December 16, 2015
Last Updated on December 16, 2015
Tags: #apocalypse

Author

Brett
Brett

MD