Konjo Island

Konjo Island

A Poem by Bria Si'mone
"

For the man who inspires me to love a little better

"
Seeing you reminds me of how I used to feel when I was on the beach as a kid.
Sunny and warm. Unique and familiar. The wet sand brushed on my skin. Not fully desired, but not uncomfortable. The breeze splashing water in my face. Unable to fully open my eyes, due to the emblazoned star in front of me, but I still feel safe. Just like when you hold me.
You smile lights a fire inside of me that wants to keep you grinning all day. You are new, yet I draw a sense of nostalgia from you.
Your scent reminds me of what I imagined a man would smell like as a girl. I want to retreat into you like the warm wet sand that once confused me, but now has come full circle to make me reassured.
See I was unable to put my finger on it, but that unfamiliar and unbothered feeling was security.
With you, my heart and mind are locked away for safe keeping, but open to truth.
Your love has yet to pose a condition. It is innocent and mature simultaneously. Asking of nothing but my love and respect in return.
Darling, you are my beach. My vacation.
I never want to leave. The thought of going back to work and leaving you behind kills me on a daily basis.
Your eyes are my sun. Your arms are my sand, your kisses are my breeze and your love is the ocean. Enveloping me at a moment's notice and never holding back.

I thank God for you, my personal getaway.

© 2016 Bria Si'mone


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

70 Views
Added on July 20, 2016
Last Updated on July 20, 2016

Author

Bria Si'mone
Bria Si'mone

Washington, DC



About
Just asking and answering questions as they come to me. As simple and as complex as possible more..

Writing