WHY'S THE GIN GONE

WHY'S THE GIN GONE

A Poem by Brian Kraklau

many nights have gone where i dream, lying down on the ground in the next room, awake, yet i still dream, threatening the bust through the levys of these eyes, i have such a longing for the touch of the skin, that calmness of souls, oh how i lust for such dreams as this, to simply be real, to reach out and touch the very life that i can not be near, forbiden by all definition, chained to the wall, always reaching out, to get that quick glance of the sun's beauty, that swelling of blue butterflies is the only thing that keeps this dream, this hope, this glimmer of unconditional reason, from evaporating into thin air, i will always love thee.

 

on the morning this bird will fly from his cage, be free once more, but this bird will always have the hope of comming home.

 

so for now i shall rest, i shall sleep, i shall dream of that day, but for now, separated by fine shades of concrete, my love will rest, for soon the sun will rise, the chains will be washed away, and we will be free, to fly as one.

© 2011 Brian Kraklau


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
nice prose..has a classical tone..lovely

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow...........

Posted 13 Years Ago


thanks god for gin and coke
lol very nice write i enjoyed it

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
x
and as he dreamed his dreams of her, the rumpled photo of her image cradled tenderly in his hands... caught his tear and in that moment she felt his warmth upon her cheek

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nice. I love this epic poem. It's epicly epic. It's sweet. It's awesome.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I want some Gin now :) great piece

Posted 13 Years Ago


A very well described, touching and lovely piece.

'this bird will always have the hope of comming home." Wonderful line; very uplifting.



Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 12, 2011
Last Updated on January 12, 2011

Author

Brian Kraklau
Brian Kraklau

Las Vegas, NV



About
just another human trying to analyze this reality from my own limited perspective. I'm here, there, and throughout each word i write. perhaps in time I could find myself within this mess. outside of t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Poetic Justice Poetic Justice

A Poem by .