PERCEPTION

PERCEPTION

A Screenplay by Brian Pomphrey
"

Luke is just a quiet guy who keeps to himself, until he can't help himself.

"

PERCEPTION

BY

BRIAN POMPHREY

 

EXT: Early morning - Quiet Cul-de-sac

 

We open our view to a sudden smash cut to a van’s back doors slamming shut. LUKE is a man of few words, mid 30’s, good shape, black hair. John Bernthal type. He lifts his tool box.

 

Our view turns with LUKE’S over to MARISSA. A beautiful woman in her mid 30’s getting away with wearing her casual business cloths...but one black eye... not so beautiful now. She’s walking out of her home, stumbling a little to get to her car.

 

There gaze catches one another. She looks disappointed. He looks stern. They both move on with themselves.

 

CUT TO

 

INT: Late evening - Marissa’s kitchen

 

JACK

What the f**k is this?!

 

JACK is a middle aged man, MARISSA’S husband, with silver hair, a beer belly, and a loud attitude. He has been drinking. He sits at the kitchen table.

 

MARISSA

It’s meatloaf! You said 

     you wanted it!

 

She is almost in tears.

 

JACK

(Slurring) I wanted dinner                 from a good wife. Not this                 f*****g crap!

 

JACK slams the plate of food across the room. Marissa freaks out with anxiety.

 

JACK

Clean that s**t up b***h!

 

MARISSA bends down obediently, and terrified.She starts cleaning the mess like a “good wife”.

 

Stepping in from another room is LUKE. It takes several seconds before JACK notices him. LUKE peers out through the dark living room dressed in all black.

 

JACK

What the f**k is this?!

 

MARISSA stops cleaning and looks up, surprised to see LUKE.

 

JACK

How the hell did you get                   in here?!

 

LUKE stands in silence. His face - a cold expression with a huge amount of rage behind his watery clear eyes.

 

JACK

Did you hear me? I said                   how the f**k did you get                   into my HOUSE?!

 

Over LUKE’S shoulder, the camera follows his ascension to JACK. JACK freaks out and tries to get up from his chair in self defense.

 

CUT TOO

 

INT: Few hours later - Diner

 

LUKE sits alone with a coffee sitting in front of him, staring into nothing. His fists lightly twitching... revealing blood stains on his knuckles. He sits calmly. A flash of JACK’S deceased bloody face pops into his head, but only for a moment. He takes a deep breath and takes a sip from his coffee.

 

THEN

END.

© 2019 Brian Pomphrey


Author's Note

Brian Pomphrey
Please and thank you, enjoy my short film script. Constructive criticism is always welcome.

My Review

Would you like to review this Screenplay?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

89 Views
Added on March 18, 2019
Last Updated on March 18, 2019
Tags: short story drama horror

Author

Brian Pomphrey
Brian Pomphrey

About
As I have grown I have learned the two preferences of my reading and writing journey. I love to read for absolute joy and fun. Pulp stories get my blood pumping and my imagination running. I write.. more..

Writing