Kane

Kane

A Story by Bridget McJane
"

This is a short story about two diffident people on two different sides of the water.

"

The sea is calm, the winds soothing, and the sounds peaceful. The sky was a beautiful lavender and marmalade color. In the distance, a lighthouse glimmered with its light gleaming. Next to the tower was a small town. The buildings were made of red, brown, and sand-colored bricks with wooden paneled windows of white. Green vines and plants covered the walls alongside the houses, and the trees seemed to glow with the glowing lights. 

  On the ocean, a great ship splashed with its magnificent white sails waved in the wind. A man, the captain Jack Kane, wore a tan wool shirt, his green trench-coat flapping from the wind looked towards the lighthouse through his spyglass. His finger pointed towards the land, and he shouted to the crew. 

As the ship turned, a thick fog filled his sight. The lighthouse was gone, but its light still shone through. A clash of lightning turned the heavenly evening into a frightful one. The sky, now a veil of darkness, brightened in some areas with the flash. The bolt created a bright light, making the ship's ropes and wooden masts shadow the deck. 

In the distance, a ship came to light. The 18th century was a dangerous time to sail the seas. A fearsome Captain terrorized these waters. During his reign, he plundered many ships, murdered even more men. His ship, dark stains of blood stained the wooden deck. The sails, a pitch-black with tears and holes, made the stories of the ship come alive.

The captain, his smile, and slight laugh made anyone tremble except Jack Kane. Jack knew this captain; it was Roger Kane. 

Nobody understood the rivalry except them. Was it the name, or was there something more to this story?

© 2020 Bridget McJane


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

19 Views
Added on April 1, 2020
Last Updated on April 1, 2020

Author

Bridget McJane
Bridget McJane

About
I am a writer. I am an artist. I want to express my feelings, my life. Inside my stories, I live. more..

Writing