Frustration.

Frustration.

A Story by BrinaMarie

Allie's father's words swam in her head. 
"I have confidence in you, but you need to show me that my confidence isn't poorly placed"
"Sure, you can make it into that college, mentally. But currently, you haven't really been proving to me that you can handle the responsibilities"
"Yes, you're smart, and I understand that. But make other people understand that, by getting good grades"
She curled up into a ball in the corner of her room. Her father was one of the most important people in her life. She wanted nothing more to prove it to him she could do anything. Prove to him that she COULD get those grades. She really was smart, both her father and she knew that. It was just her god forsaken procrastination streak and apparent ennui to any subject that didn't challenge her enough. 
She started ramming her head against the wall.
Why.
Why.
Why.
She KNEW she could get those A's. But what was stopping her? She's tried several methods in kindling some passion to achieve those A's. She's nearly slit her wrists herself in desperation. She spent endless nights crying to herself. 
She did the homework, she did the tests. She studied, but everything never came out to those perfect little A's. She didn't know what to do anymore. The tears started flowing again. 
Maybe she should give up.
But that's what her father expects.
Maybe she should try harder then.
But her father has no intention in supporting her.
Why, she wonders.
Why.
Why.
Why.

She reaches her hand out feebly for a stay tissue that could be sitting on her floor, but instead finds her unfinished study guide.
I don't need to finish this, she thinks.
I already know all the material, she continues.
No.
No, I should finish this, she realizes. 
This will start her ascend to higher places, this will start her miraculous bounce back from her previous dead end outlook on life. 
She WILL impress her father.
He WILL support her.
She'll show him why.
Why.
Why.
Why.
Because.
She'll be his straight A little girl.

© 2013 BrinaMarie


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like how you had a consistent line through out this story, it really brings it together, another thing i liked was how you used the conflict, grades are always a struggle for me so its easy for me to relate

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Added on February 26, 2013
Last Updated on February 26, 2013

Author

BrinaMarie
BrinaMarie

About
I abide by the rules of creativity. Rule one: there are no rules. Yay for paradoxes! A little about me, now, I suppose. I love books, which is obvious. Anything fiction floats my boat. I love.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by BrinaMarie


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by BrinaMarie