Finding my "home sweet home"

Finding my "home sweet home"

A Story by TheCreativeNerd

A fresh soft, misty smell engulfs the tree trunk, waking me up from my daytime slumber.
The moon is finally out and my new advantage of finding my "Home-Sweet-Home" begins.
I crawl out of the hole on the side of the tree trunk and stand up. the beautiful moon glows brightly and his little friends, the stars, help out, too.
The woods are empty, no animal in sight and the wonderful sounds of sleeping creatures fill the empty space.
I walk farther into the Dark Forest and listen to the crickets chirping to each other. Then begin to find my breakfast:
Raspberries, Blackberries, Strawberries,
Close to the Ground.
Indian Bread and Mushrooms,
Really Closes to trees.
Some chamomile for when the sun begins to shine.
And pine needles for my Mid-night tea,
And as long as I am here,
I'll dig into the pine tree
Finding the Delicious white, soft bark.
Then glazing on top of the forest ground for pine nuts.
This will be more then, enough for Breakfast.

I pull out my picnic blanket (also is my mattress that wraps around me when I sleep,) from my little infinity purse.
And munch on the meal I savaged up.
I only eat for fifteen minutes, since there are only eight more hours til sleep.
Shoving the picnic blanket back in the bag and the pine nuts in the small pocket in the front. Placing the chamomile leaves and pine needles in separate pockets in my jacket. Then I continue the journey deeper into the Dark Forest.
Just a few minutes into today's journey, i start to think back to my friends in my home town,
Kaitlin, the smallest of our generation, she hasn't ground an inch in five years. Well except for her white blonde hair. when it is let out of its bun, it is ten feet longer then her height. Kaitlin is....was my closed friend. Even though I am one of the tallest Females in the Clan.
A sigh comes out of my mouth and i realize I have stopped walking. I shake my head and keep moving forward and continues to think of the fun time I had with Kaitlin.
We use to go to the springs, when the sun was shining and everybody was sleeping. We would skinny dip and talk about all the hot boys in town.
Some days we would hangout with the bad boys because they were the only ones who would. We would joke around, sometimes venture out into this Dark Forest and dance around.
I look back, the way I was coming form, and then forward into where i am going.
I have never dreamed of going this far into the Dark Forest.
But so far, it has been peaceful. not like the stories my parents and all the adults told us about. No killing creatures and grimson hunters.
Only beautiful trees and flowers.
The sky begins to lighten, oh no. I need to find a place to sleep. There is a small grove in a shrub of thrones. quickly, I take out the picnic blanket, keeping my purse at my side and wrap myself up. squeezing myself in the grove and curling up into a ball.
As Gracie, a night time fairy, falls fast asleep, the rest of the world around her wakes up to begin their day.
One the other side of the thorn shrub a mamma bear walks out of her den and looks for any predators near by. then brings her babies out to bath in the creak near by.
A few miles west from Gracie, a small town is barely awaking, Their town Elder stretches as he exits his hut. he starts humming the only tune in the town. Its a soft tune like wind blowing or rain sprinkling.

© 2018 TheCreativeNerd


Author's Note

TheCreativeNerd
Please help me continue this story, I am stuck.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

91 Views
Added on January 6, 2018
Last Updated on January 6, 2018