Dear love...

Dear love...

A Story by Brittany Bostic

Dear love,
Missing you with all of my heart is the hardest thing that I had to do out here. I know many of the other boys send letters back home just like me. They think their girls are the best. They are wrong of course. You could be the only women in the world and still be the love of my life. However this is not the letter that I wish to be writing to you. It is unlike any of the others.
Out here covered in dirt, mud in places I don't wish to speak of, blood coating down my chest and arm, mine and others, losing my best friends, you are the one I am thinking of. I know that I am leaving, not leaving like when they called that night so many months ago, but leaving for real this time. I don't think I will see you again in this lifetime and I have to apologize.
I know that you are not a cryer but you will shed tears. Please don't love, it would break my heart. I feel a passion in my stomach for you greater than anything I have ever felt. I am shaking in these last seconds because my entire being wishes to be with you tonight instead of here all of those miles away. Don't worry I am not afraid for I am not alone. I know we feel worlds away but our hearts in the same space.
I want you to remember everything as I am remembering everything right now. Our first date out on the ranch, the first time I brought you a red rose, the time I met your father and he shook my hand, you walking in a short white dress with bright heels down the flowered isle, that first night, kissing on the beach, our first home together, buying furniture and being excited about it, the day you told me about our son.
I do not regret fighting I would not have done it if I thought that I would. However I do regret one thing my love and that is never holding our son, getting to call him Jack, getting to teach him how to ride a bike, or ask a girl out, or get married. Please tell him everyday that his Daddy will always love him. I wish you could have me instead of this flag and these dog tags but that seems was not written in the stars for us.
Do not regret anything my love, I don't. How could I regret anything with you in my life? I promise to forever love you for there is nothing better that I can do. Just know that I did not die in vain. I died with my brothers fighting for lives and for love and for rights. I left with a full heart and I promise the last thing that I will think of will be you.
Love always,
Your soldier

© 2015 Brittany Bostic


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

109 Views
Added on September 26, 2015
Last Updated on September 26, 2015
Tags: Love, soldier, goodbye, war, Military, fighting, loss, crying, sad, pain, happiness, couple

Author

Brittany Bostic
Brittany Bostic

MD



About
To write is to live and feel passion seething through your veins that somehow shows up in words on paper. I love words and the strange way that they use themselves to portray everything we have in.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by Brittany Bostic