The Divorcee Chronicles pt. 1 ("I'm Damaged Goods!....")

The Divorcee Chronicles pt. 1 ("I'm Damaged Goods!....")

A Poem by Brjden (Bridge-Den) Crewe
"

He's divorced and in pain, but he has a chance to love again with a new woman who's trying to love him, but will he let her?

"

"And I am blind......

   I cannot find the heart I gave to you"

                                                   Ingrid Michaelson, "Glass"

 

the divorcee chronicles part 1

           "I'm damaged goods"

 

 

I have the right to, tell you what I feel inside

And it's real but pride is what I kill when I

Wear my heart on my sleeve

So gently hold my wrist when we walk down the street

We'll be.....together

Forever's the goal and if the weather is cold and I'm alone

Will you.... heat me, then teach me how to get back home?

 

When she left,

       I just lied and reluctantly never cried

But it's like she never tried, just a "bad", not "good" bye

She gave me back my name and a pain I can't describe

I remember feeling naked, & remembered I couldn't hide

I remember.....

(6 years before the divorce thinking......)

 

"This feeling inside for you..... my love, I can not hide!

You make me feel totally naked & I can never say goodbye!"

I wrote you poetry pieces, titles like "Afraid of Words"

With lines like.....

"....My feelings can't be described with any words I ever heard"

You made me feel very corny, you're confusing my whole world!

Like I'm "Sam" & you're "Jake Ryan",  I feel like a school girl!

But I Loved You with a Passion!!

I love you with a passion derived through hell fires of condemnation, of nations where slaves awaken through God's revelation & their own realization that they were made as free men!!! A passion like their revolting swords & the core of their rage pierced with every inch of their blade through the suppressive rib cages, not of their captures but as the masters of their trade labor exchanged for the mere nature to be men!! FREE MEN!

(I'm getting off course, but you get it. I loved her with great passion!)

 

And so I'm confidently asking, for your "being" to be my captain

And to take this ring & this name & for us to be everlasting!

But.......    

(2 years later after the divorce, thinking......)

It never lasted, "Love" raped me in the a*s and

Skipped the "KY" jelly, and just fucked me like a mad man!

Don't know what ever happened

But I'm sure she's somewhere laughing

And I sit here all alone with my "Barely Diminished Passion"....FOUR her......

FOUR love?

Please! It's up FOUR rent

FOUR some sucker to use on another

I'd rather FOUR get...........her

FOUR get Love & go and FOURge Pain!

Now I write her poetry like "Pain is Love's Nickname"

With lines like "No Love, make Bridgey go INSANE!!"

but..... 

(today)

Like a destined miracle.....then you came

And through your belief in us, I eventually changed

So that's why, you have the right to, what I have inside

Girl, it's real, and pride is what I kill when I

Try...To love you.........

But when I try, it just burns

How Can I Give You a Heart

              that My Wife Never Returned?

I mean......my ex wife

DON'T LEAVE! I just might

Need you to teach me all the things that, I've "unlearned"

You deserve to be loved right!!

Please, don't leave me tonight!!!!

Cause I'm dying inside

And if you don't help me, I might

Never find another like you!!

And with tears in my eye sight,

I stand before you and ask...

 "Will you please......save my life?"

 

to be continued

© 2009 Brjden (Bridge-Den) Crewe


Author's Note

Brjden (Bridge-Den) Crewe
TO CLEAR UP ANY CONFUSION, HE'S TALKING TO HIS CURRENT GIRLFRIEND FIRST, THEN (3 years before the divorce), HE'S REMEMBERING TALKING TO HIS "SOON TO BE FIANCE", then(2 years later after the divorce), he's exploring his feelings after his wife left him, then he goes back to talking to his current girlfriend. This one is from an actual event. I went through this and even though it's meant to entertain and I've adapted small parts, I used most of my real life in this one. I had a chance to love again after my divorce, but held back because of fear and pain. I needed her to save me from living a lonely life. I really asked her to "save my life." I try to make light of these chronicles without coming off as manic depressive, but I learned more about myself through her leaving me and they helped me write. WAIT UNTIL WHAT HAPPENS IN PART 2!!!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

LOL@ not trying to come off as manic depressive...

Artists... we're all fucked up, that's what makes it really great art...

But this was beautiful and rhythmic like those african drums they beat begging to be FREE MEN!!! LOL... really I loved that part... the whole package was like a story being told over congos or a hip-hop beat... either way, I can imagine you doing it on stage with the animated hand movements and voice inflection and the crowd going wild because when it comes to love and loss...

we all can relate...

even when love f***s us in the collective asses with no KY Jelly... lol....

lessons learned... at least we get great poetry out of the deal to boot... awesome writing...

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

oh my god bridge, that is soo good.
I especially love the tangent, where you compare your passion for her to a slave's passionate desire to be free. Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful.
And what is more and vulnerable and completely breaking down the walls then coming out and asking someone to save your life? Nothing. Asking for help is extremely hard to do, especially when it means staying or leaving. I absolutely love the introspection in this poem. i love the ending.
love love love :) all of it.
I wouldn''t change anything.
great job, another hit!


Posted 15 Years Ago


Now I write her poetry like "Pain is Love's Nickname"
With lines like "No Love, make Bridgey go INSANE!!"
But when I try, it just burns
How Can I Give You a Heart
that My Wife Never Returned?

You deserve to be loved right!!
Please, don't leave me tonight!!!!
Cause I'm dying inside
And if you don't help me, I might
Never find another like you!!

So, I was going to read Chronicles part 2, and I figured better read Chronicles part 1 first. Ouch!! This poem hurts to even read. Not that I have lived through divorce, rather your own pain is well articulated through your words. The section on slavery is excellent and not off course. It is quite the graphic metaphor for wanting to have a free heart from your x-wife. Splendid write!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


wow!! powerful! i love the entire part in green, that is my favorite, the lines so intensely beautiful. & the last line, wow. speaking as a fellow divorcee, & someone who has had her heart broken a million times over, i can relate. trusting someone with all your heart & soul takes time & it takes courage (which i believe you have inside of you, just from reading your writings). i love that your telling this story, but incorporating word play & rhyme into it. a very intense, gorgeous write.

Posted 15 Years Ago


I liked this a lot, because a lot of people can relate to it. As all of your poems do, this has such great rhythm. Favorite part is:

"Like a destined miracle.....then you came
And through your belief in us, I eventually changed
So that's why, you have the right to, what I have inside
Girl, it's real, and pride is what I kill when I
Try...To love you.........
But when I try, it just burns"

Bravo! This is yet another amazing poem.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Love makes us manic depressive or bipolar or split personalitied and all that s**t. And it's hard to give your heart up when someone's still smashing it for you, even if the new love deserves it. I've already said it, Bridgey, you got flow. I feel you.



Posted 15 Years Ago


Part of me wants to grab my crotch with my Left hand
and my fisted right hand to my mouth and say in a deep baritone
octave MAN dIS JOINT IS THa $H!%T!!! lol!
I can say this is incredibly entertaining. I can see a difference in this IN COMPARISON to the other pieces.
I think that it is a part of your soul (found in your pain) and the pulp fiction experience
that you mesh with the truth. I love how you create ambiance, characters, and with the different fonts and colors
it is like a Broadway review. Your novel would definitely have enough weight to be classified as
a best-seller, if is anything like your poetry.

My favorite part out of many favorites in this is...
(today)

Like a destined miracle, then you came

And through your belief in us, I eventually changed

So that's why, you have the right to, what I have inside

Girl, it's real, and pride is what I kill when I

Try...To love you.........

But when I try, it just burns

How Can I Give You a Heart

that My Wife Never Returned?

I mean......my ex wife
Standing O'!!!


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Loved it....
Everyone's been through something like this -- it's entirely relatable. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


Wow it's epic!!!! i like! are you planning to publish anytime soon?

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

"It never lasted, "Love" raped me in the a*s and Skipped the "KY" jelly, and just fucked me like a mad man!"

LOL, mad kudos to you my friend. This is was sooo entertaining. Fresh off the press, flows like the river and for my 20th birthday party I'll hire you as my rap artist to sing me a happy birthday with a hole new twist! Yep, you are talented and know it!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Once again a fantastic write. Your unique style makes your writing easy and entertaining to read. keep it up, man.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

407 Views
10 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 23, 2009
Last Updated on March 10, 2009

Author

Brjden (Bridge-Den) Crewe
Brjden (Bridge-Den) Crewe

Windy to Sin City



About
My name is Brjden Crewe from Chicago, living in Vegas now part time. I'm officially bi-coastal(somewhat). I do freelance music and movies reviews for a few nameless magazines and I regularly recite sp.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..