Beautiful, meaningful lyrics. Words that melt me, mold me!

Beautiful, meaningful lyrics. Words that melt me, mold me!

A Story by Broken Girl
"

So, yeah. This is not a story. Just did not fall into any other category!

"

 

Other than the words from my heart, music is my escape from reality... One of my greatest passions. Beautiful, meaningful lyrics...


"I make my living with words and rhyme, and all this tragedy, should go into my head and out instead as bits of poetry. But I say "Daddy, I'm so afraid, how will I go on with you gone this way? How can I come up with a song to say I love you? That's my job, That's what I do. Everything I do is because of you, to keep you safe with me. That's my job you see".
-Conway


"I thank you for the music, and your stories of the road. I thank you for the freedom when it came my time to go. I thank you for the kindness, and the times when you got tough. And, papa, I dont think I said I love you near enough. The leader of the band is tired, and his eyes are growing old. But his blood runs through my instrument, and his song is in my soul. My life has been a poor attempt, to imitate the man. I'm just a living legacy to the leader of the band. I am the living legacy, to the leader of the band".
-Dan Fogelberg

"Don't fall in love with a dreamer, because he'll always take you in.
Just when you think, you've really changed him, He'll leave you again.
Don't fall in love with a dreamer, because he'll break you every time".
-Kenny Rodgers

 

"You sang me spanish lullabies, the sweetest sadness in your eyes. Clever trick.

I never want to see you unhappy, I thought you’d want the same for me.

Goodbye, my almost lover, goodbye, my hopeless dream. I’m trying not to think about you, can’t you just let me be? So long, my luckless romance, my back is turned on you. I should’ve known you’d bring me heartache. Almost lovers always do! I cannot go to the ocean, I cannot drive the streets at night. I cannot wake up in the morning, without you on my mind. So you’re gone and I’m haunted, and I bet you are just fine. Did I make it that easy for you to walk right in and out of my life?"

-A Fine Frenzy


"So tired of the straight line, and everywhere you turn. There's vultures and thieves at your back. The storm keeps on twisting, you keep on building the lies, that you make up for all that you lack . It don't make no difference, escaping one last time. It's easier to believe. In this sweet madness, oh this glorious sadness, that brings me to my knees".
-Sarah McLachlan


"Can you help me remember how to smile? Make it somehow all seem worthwhile. How on earth did I get so jaded? Life's mystery seems so faded. I can go where no one else can go, I know what no one else knows. Here I am just drownin' in the rain, with a ticket for a runaway train".
-Soul Asylum


"Won't you meet me in Montana. I wanna see the mountains your eyes. Woah, Woah I had all of this life I can handle, meet me underneath that big Montana sky, in Montana. I wanna see the mountains in your eyes. Woah, woah, I had all of this life that I can handle. Meet me underneath that big Montana sky".
-Marie & Dan

© 2010 Broken Girl


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

i love lyrics. music is a wonderful escape it has saved me from myself and it has helped with the pain some

Posted 13 Years Ago


THANKS! I DO TOO! (:
Hmmm, that's odd... I don't have anything blocked, everything is all open. Oh where oh where could my icons be?!? LOL I'll try to add you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


"Don't fall in love with a dreamer, because he'll always take you in.
Just when you think, you've really changed him, He'll leave you again.
Don't fall in love with a dreamer, because he'll break you every time".
-Kenny Rodgers

Excuse me if I may but Rodgers is spelt Rogers.. I love Kenny Rogers he is truly one of the greatest in my books. This is a wonderful write here. I really enjoyed this one.

P.S. I tried friend requesting but i can't your icons are missing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nothing better then the lyrics from a song with words with purpose. The word men and woman of music keep us thinking and create peace for us. I'm a old man. Give me a Leonard Cohen, Dylan or a Peter,Paul and Mary song to allow me to think and dream.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


Lyrics are just poems set to sound. For me, David Bowie does it everytime.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2010
Last Updated on September 23, 2010

Author

Broken Girl
Broken Girl

GA



About
"Call you up in the middle of the night, like a firefly without a light. You were there like a slow torch burning, I was a key that could use a little turning. So tired that I couldn't even sl.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..