3-19-2020

3-19-2020

A Story by Brokendreamsofmarch
"

Just my thoughts

"
Part of me can not believe how people have reacted to this virus. The other part understands that it was always going to be this way. Ten wrongs to one right and people being stepped on and over so they can better help themselves. I have been a doomsday advocate for as long as I can remember. I have wished for the collapse of society since I was young. With my years and life experiences that desire has only increased. I understand some people are worried about getting sick and dying. Those are people with preexisting conditions, the elderly, infants, and compromised immune systems. Everyone else; the ones who are panic buying all of the necessities in bulk are the problem. The ones withdrawing all of their cash from the banks are the problem. The majority...the masses following suit with what their neighbors are doing is our biggest threat to society. Devout anti-gun persons rushing out to the store to buy their first along with ALL of the available ammunition. <- Lets think about that for a moment. A person who has never shot a firearm and believes that the item itself is whats responsible for the violent crimes is about to own their first. Which they purchased in a panic. To what? Defend themselves against their neighbors if times get rough? There will be a lot of unnecessary death because of that if this doesn't slow down. These people are more likely to shoot themselves than an intruder. 
I have not stocked up on anything. No excessive paper products, no money withdrawn, no additional ammo purchased, no hoarding of fuel, no stocks sold, and no rudeness to others. If you are reading this you should know that if everyone followed suit with the people like me we would not be living in such a state of duress. I have the means to defend myself but I REFUSE to panic just because it seems like the right thing to do. Have you ever seen the experiment where one man stands in a line for nothing? He is soon joined by another and from that point people start lining up. Just following orders. Just looking to the masses for what is "appropriate" to do. It's a defense mechanism. It helped humans stay alive and multiply a thousand years ago. But there is no excuse for this behavior now. Your neighbors are stupid and society has lived isolated much before this pandemic. But you can think critically. Individually you have the power not to panic. You have the strength to follow your own path. 

© 2020 Brokendreamsofmarch


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on March 19, 2020
Last Updated on March 19, 2020