Gray Sky

Gray Sky

A Story by BrookeD
"

Sophie has everything . but what if one day everything you loved was lost. when Sophies grandparents dies Sophie loses everything she has ever loved now she is on the adventure of her life.

"

As i sit there looking out the window and staring at the grey clouds move across the sky,the clouds are moving at a slow pace making this whole day seem as if were itself moving in slow motion but it must have been at least an hour since I have been looking out the window because the clouds seem to be opening up and it starts to rain it's still only a light shower but I can hear every drop stream down the window ,it suddenly reminds me of something my grandfather once told me when I was very young;

Grandfather why does it rain?”

“Sophie, it rains because god is sad” he said in a soft voice that was always full of tender care.

“But why is god sad?” I couldn’t understand what would make god so sad that he would need to cry I was only a small child who innocent had not yet vanished with age.

“Because he is sad that he lost one of his children” was all be said

When I was younger this had little meaning to me, but as I sit here on the bed looking out to the world through the protection of the glass it means everything to me. I start to feel a trickle of water on my face, I start to look to the ceiling for signs of a leak but nothing seem out of place, I touch my face to wipe it away and then suddenly find the source of the leak its coming from my eyes, I am crying, my eyes are swelling up and leaking .The speed of the tears make it too hard to keep up so I just sit there and let it continue.

When the tears finally stop, I notice it’s gotten dark outside and the rain has finally stopped, you can just slightly see the leftover sign of rain on the trees in the late blue twilight sky. I try to move but my legs are stiff from sitting so when I stand up I fall straight back down on the bed. It takes a few minutes for my legs to regain the strength to stand.

I make my way across to the light and switch it on the light hurts my eyes for a few minute while it a couple of second to adjust I rub them slightly to help them along. finally I move to closet to find something to wear , as I do I pass my mirror on the dressing table and get a startle , my long brown hair is tangled up and pushing to one side the sign of days long sleep and my green eyes; the most beautiful but unusual eyes my mother used to tell me, they were surrounded by  dark circles ,the face I see in the mirror is not one I recognise it is contorted the same look that my body holds the  clothes that I now wear seem to hang lose around my hips I realise that I have to hold them up. What has become of me, it hits me that I haven’t been here for hours I’ve been here for days. I’m still standing at the mirror when and I see that my face shows the mark of shock.

© 2012 BrookeD


Author's Note

BrookeD
this is the first thing i've ever written and its a working progress here is the start of the story please let me know what you thing and ignore the grammer im bad at spelling haha.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
..
Very nicely done,
Love the detail and imagery.
The story line stuck together well.
Nicely done!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

143 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on February 26, 2012
Last Updated on February 26, 2012
Tags: romance, drama, fiction, history

Author

BrookeD
BrookeD

Aberdeen, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom



About
i love to read in my spare time and have decided to give a stab at writing hopfully its a successful venture for me. more..