Chapter 3 A man named Widsith

Chapter 3 A man named Widsith

A Story by Bruce58
"

A mountain man or something

"
                But why? I asked. Mr. Martin was running towards me now, saying “That hammer has some type of energy in it" Look at my hand, I touched it three years ago. The palm of his right hand two zig zag lines running from his fingers to his wrist. Don't know where that big hammer came from. It was found long ago next to the pond by your dad's dad pitting in a tree. Someone buried it there. Sorry, Eric, I didn’t mean to yell like that, but I was afraid you would get hurt. That’s ok. Is there anything else here that can hurt me?

    Tell you what. Whatever you want to handle is ok with me. Just look at that hammer and don’t touch it. Ok? Ok but well be back. Right now I want to show Glen the tree fort we built. See Ya.

    We ran out the front door to the street stopping in the middle. Where’s the fort? Glen asked. Oh that fort fell down a long time ago. I’ve heard of that power in the hammer. But I wanted to see it for myself. Let’s go to the park and see how high the water is today. Eric said.

    Running down the center of the road, I ran into Widsith’s wheel barrel knocking out a few things. Sorry Widsith, here I’ll pick them up. That old man looked at me and stopped talking to himself. I was freaked out; he never looks at any one and never stops talking to himself. Replacing what I had knocked to the ground, he looked down, and being Widsith started talking again.

     Who’s that? Glen said. That’s Widsith. The old man that lives in the woods. No one knows where though. He only comes to town once a month for supplies. Even people hunting haven’t found where he lives. Oh well lets go to the park.

    The water in the pond was higher then it was yesterday. Eric said it was the thirty last night and tomorrow it will be down again. Glen looked and said. I have to see this thirty! Eric walked to the center of the road and said: it went to here one time. It rained for a week just before and everything was flooded, even the small pond in back of the farm.

    There’s a pond? Can we fish there? “Naw” every time I go there to fish, I get snagged on rocks in the center. But there’s a small lake on the other side of town, past the school. Maybe tomorrow.

    Look there’s Lgerna! She must be out shopping or something. Let me show you that old house in her back yard. We got there by cutting across the yard of an old house across the street. Then through Lrgerna’s fence. There it is, the mound of dirt with grass growing on it. That’s a house? Glen said. To someone it was, let me show you. I’ll have to leave the door open though. It’s to dark if I don’t. The ceiling was high enough for a tall man to walk around and rounded to the floor and was straight up at the two ends. The floor was rock cut flat and carved to fit together. Some type of white plaster patted on the walls.

    Here this is my favorite. One hand print left like they wanted to show it off. I placed my hand into it and said. Look it fits perfect. Just then Lgerna walked in saying what are you two doing in here? I just wanted to show Glen. Well I go out to get more bug spray from Sam’s and in you come. Eric put his hand in the print again saying. It must have been someone my age that built this home, look.

     That’s interesting, she said. Since you’re here let me show you something. She started spraying the back wall, getting it wet. I was thinking that’s too much bug spray, she doesn’t need that much. The white wall started to darken making some sort of printing show up. I found this the first time I did this. I know they wrote it, but why is it in English. That I don’t know.

 

                       Kept my story on kept it close

                       Will keep my life through all time

                       Your time is my time

                       So why change things now

                       When we kept it so close

                      

                       Give you my story you stay mine

                       Not the same but not to far

                       My life starts with you

                       Your life starts with me

                       Old with my story new with you

 

                       Different and have no choosing

                       New with your story but yours most

                       Old with my story new with new host

 

   

    Some sort of poem I think. Now go, and don’t close that door behind you. I have to kill the bugs in here. We did what she wanted leaving the door open behind us.

    As we were leaving, I could see dad tending the fence between our property and Glen’s. He was looking at us shaking his head from side to side. I have to go now I said. Dad is going to be mad when I get home. I’m not supposed to be here.

    Summer is more then half over now. Glen and I had become best friends doing everything together. Last week we helped with the new barn. Everyone in town did there part. Even the children, handing nails to people going up ladders. There were long ropes with pulleys raising walls, boards and tin for the roof. Food and drinks laid out four picnic tables long. An adequate amount for all to eat and drink.

    Glen was starting to get used to, life in a small town. We went fishing every other day. I showed him the library in school. The books no one were aloud to touch.

    One day he said I like it here. There’s more to do then when we lived in Washington.

    Eric mom called out, are you and Glen going to watch the thirty tonight? I had forgotten, Glen and I were going to camp out in the back yard tonight. As I walked down stairs from my room. I started thinking. That’s prefect, will have camping food and drinks to take with us. Yes, he wants to see it, is all that I said.

    Glen wanted to set up his tent but I told him it‘d be to hot tonight. We can sleep with our bags on top of blankets and it will be cooler. Therefore, we laid out blankets and sleeping bags on Glen’s grass by his new barn.

     It’s Eleven a clock. I said to Glen looking at my watch. We have to go. Eric, it’s about time I get to see what everyone’s talking about. I have heard about this for over a month now.

    We walked past Sam selling snacks to a couple from out of town. I asked if they were here to watch the Thirty. They said yes, we heard it was like watching a gusher in Yellowstone Park. We all sat around that pond waiting for twelve a clock. I looked at my watch and started to count down, ten, nine, bubbles had started to form in the center. Eight, seven, six, five, the water was humped up a little now, still in the center and two feet round. Four, three, two, as I said one, the noise sounding like a jet engine with water shooting as high as the trees, spraying everything. It lasted ten seconds then quit. The sound was hearing drops of water falling from trees. We all clapped and cheered.

    Eric wanted to sleep now and Glen wanted to see more. But that’s it I said, let’s go. We got to the sleeping bags and I decided it was too hot out. I want to sleep next to the pond up by the edge of the fence. The trees will keep it cooler there. Let’s go, Glen said. Therefore, we grabbed everything we had out there.

    When we got there, we laid out our sleeping bags next to the pond. We had snacks, flashlights and drinks. Something’s strange, the water in the pond is gone: Glen said. I shined my flashlight into where the water should be, but there was nothing but a hole in the middle.

    Do you here a noise? Glen said again. Sounds like a squeaking noise and it’s coming from that hole. Quick, turn your light off Glen. “I said”. The noise stopped, then there was a thud. A latter sticking out of the hole now and we could here someone, something climbing up. Eric looked behind him and said lets hide. Shhhhhhh quiet. It was Widsith climbing out of that hole. He climbed out and up to the bank, to a tall bush. Going to the other side he got out his wheel barrel and went off towards town. Now this is interesting. I said.

    Lets go see where he lives, I said to Glen. No, I’m not going down there! Come on I said. Widsith comes and goes all the time. We have two lights and plenty of batteries. Ok , but I don’t like it.

 

© 2010 Bruce58


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

279 Views
Added on July 27, 2010
Last Updated on July 30, 2010

Author

Bruce58
Bruce58

About
just want to write. I have a story and want it out. Rewrote chapter 1. Tell me what you think more..

Writing
Home Home

A Story by Bruce58


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Story by Bruce58