Shadows

Shadows

A Story by Brylee S. Hoffman
"

I'm changing this to a book instead of a story i think... So i won't be updating this one.

"

PREFACE:

 


ALL THE SIGNS WERE THERE, RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME THAT I WASN'T ALONE BUT I GUESS I  just wouldn’t believe them.  Looking back now I wish I had.  It would have saved me a lot of trouble.  But who wants to believe they’re not alone, when they are supposed to be. . .

 

 

1.           FIRST INSTINCT:

 

IT WAS A WARM MIDSUMMERS EVE.  THE WIND LIGHTLY WHISTLED THROUGH THE TREES .  A full moon, bright and alive, painted against a black canvas.  It was a typical summer night in Simi Valley.  But something wasn’t right.  The wind was too quiet, everything was too still.

        Eerie.

         There was more than my set of footsteps, there were two.  When I stopped, they stopped.  When I walked, they walked.  And it was really creeping me out!

          My heart was pounding a hundred miles an hour in my chest as I walked up my street.  I could see my house only a couple of yards away. Yet it seemed like a mile.  It felt like I was trapped walking on a tread mill, I walked faster and faster, yet it seemed like I was still a mile away from the comfort of my home.

           After what seemed like an eternity, I finally reached my house.  But I still wasn’t comforted yet, I needed to get inside!  I fumbled, hands shaking, with my key chain.  My porch light flashed on, detecting my presence.  My heart skipped a beat. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a shadow of someone behind me, who quickly disappeared, hiding from the light.

          My eyes are just playing tricks on me, I thought and kept repeating it in my mind, attempting to convince myself that it was true.  Although deep inside my subconscious, I knew it was a lie.  I knew I had seen two shadows when there only should have been one.


 

 

2.            Watching Me:

 

I WOKE UP THE NEXT MORNING WITH A WEIRD FEELING IN MY STOMACH.  I HAD NO IDEA    what it was, or why it was there.  Maybe I was anxious about something.  Who knows?  I wasn’t sure I dreamt last night or if it had actually happened.  I wasn't even sure if I wanted to know.

         I looked outside unsure of what I was looking  for.  I just had this strange sensation that I was being watched.  I saw something move in the bushes.  I hoped that i was just being paranoid but deep down in my subconscince I knew that I saw.

 

© 2009 Brylee S. Hoffman


Author's Note

Brylee S. Hoffman
Please tell me what you think! Is it any good? Should i continue with it?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

It sounds wonderful! I think you should keep going with it. It'd be nice to see what was following her - or who!!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


Yes, I think you should continue with it. I guess you have an idea where this story is going. So far you have only set the stage, it needs a lot more to make a story.

You started well, let us see what you can do with it.

Hans von Lieven

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 7, 2009
Last Updated on September 10, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Brylee S. Hoffman
Brylee S. Hoffman

Santa Maria



About
I love to write!!! but i never let anyone read my stories. :) I tend to write more of the teenage romance stories. Please read and review them! I can use all the help i can get! Thank you and enjoy!.. more..

Writing