In Another Place

In Another Place

A Story by BrynnaW.

     A girl sat on the edge of the rocks and let the ocean water freeze her toes. She gazed out longingly across the sea. This place was not home at least, it was not what she called "home." Her home was where her ancestry roots were settled... But that was all the way on the other side of the world. If only it could be an island that she could swim to from the shore. Her heart throbbed and she wept continuously. She never told her parents or shared her feelings with them. Music from that other home could not satisfy her. The hope of running away and reaching that place was impossible but still, she stared across the sea, looking for a way there. Eventually, the girl got out pictures from that other home. The land of green and luck or the home of Big Ben. Those two places were her real home not the land of stripes and fifty stars. The poor girl wept over the pictures and wished that she would disappear and wake up in her other home. Again, she pouted that it was impossible. Her gaze never left the sea until she was taken away by her parents that knew nothing of her misery.

© 2011 BrynnaW.


Author's Note

BrynnaW.
I had a similar problem a long time ago... Don't judge me like I am this person though. I am sure that we have all wanted to be somewhere else, right? I hope you liked this. :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very nice and powerful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very nice thought. Love your piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Home to many is a good word. We can fall apart from our place of birth and can't return. I like the emotion in the excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awww. Brings tears to my eyes :'( enjoyed this very much!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A sad, yet beautiful story with great discribsions and good use of words. Sometimes people cannot find the place where they belong and you captured that feeling very well. I loved the last sentence. Well written, another of your wonderful pieces.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I am sorry she couldn't find happiness in the States. But yes I know what it is to long to be elsewhere! Desperately!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

995 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 29, 2011
Last Updated on June 29, 2011

Author

BrynnaW.
BrynnaW.

My New Home, OR



About
My name is Brynna Wynne Wiley. Aka: BrynnaW. I'm supposed to tell all about myself right here but... I've done that before. Now, it's just about the writing. more..

Writing
Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


Mute Mute

A Poem by BrynnaW.


The Circus The Circus

A Story by BrynnaW.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


A View on Life A View on Life

A Poem by Thea


The Author The Author

A Poem by Thea