The Maze

The Maze

A Poem by Bry
"

After battling myself for years about not being "crazy", I finally realized I needed help. My mother supported me at first then changed her mind, so when I has a severe panic attack I decided to write

"
"You're trapped inside a maze, no where to go. The feeling of dread creeps in as run, searching for a way out. You scream 'help me! Someone help me! Please! Someone!' You stop, with only the sound of your heart beating to comfort you it grows louder and louder,finally so loud it deafens you. You collapse to the ground, unable to stand, clutching the pain in your chest as if holding on to your sanity. Is this a heart attack? No, but they feel as though they are one in the same. You scream in agony as you trying to stand but you fail. There is no strength left in your body. The maze laughs mercilessly at your suffering. You feel terrified, alone, and like no one in the universe could understand how you feel in this moment. The tears fall faster and faster fleeing for an escape from this hell. You pass out slowly...when our come to, you're laying on your floor with your face stained with tears and sweat along with your shirt. You catch your breath,'I... escaped the maze...but for how long? When will it come back for me?' Will you ever be free from this nightmare. You get up and make your way to your bed. You need rest, hopefully you can put this event behind you. You have to be ready for a long day of work tomorrow. While you slumber, the laughing of the monstrous laughter of the maze still rings out in the distance...'sleep well...I'll be waiting for you to return to me again my friend.'"

© 2017 Bry


Author's Note

Bry
Ignore any mistakes, this was written in a moment of passion for how I felt at the time.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on April 19, 2017
Last Updated on April 19, 2017
Tags: Anxiety, panic attacks, trapped

Author

Bry
Bry