The Long Road Back

The Long Road Back

A Story by bsegal
"

This book is about complications of divorce

"
An ex-husbands revenge on his ex-wife

The Long Road Back

There are times when a divorce is not amicable. My ex- husband was very bitter about the divorce. He blamed me for everything .

We have two children together.

My ex husband proceeded to make my life a living he'll. he tried everything to ruin my reputation. He came to my job and told my boss that I was an irresponsible mother, leaving the kids alone and didn't care for their needs. "It was all a lie". He would send the police to my house stating that I was abusive to my kids.

It was a small town, everyone knew each other. His lies became public knowledge. He was active in the community so everyone believed him. Especially the men. Believed his accusations were true.

On one of the visits to their dad he went to court and the court actually gave him custody of the children. I was devastated and didn't know what to do. How could he do that to me.

He was a wealthy man and everyone thought he was a good guy. When in fact he was a cold and calculating man. And a mentally abusive husband.

I was desperate to get the kids back. I went to court and their fathers custody was reduced to temporary residental custody. It was a small victory. But a beginning. He was not going to win. After spending most of my money on court fees I had no job and no money. I had to go on public assistance. I did get the kids back. I felt terrible that I needed food stamps and housing. It was a first step. Until I could find a good job. He ruined every chance I had to be employed where we used to live. Then to my disbelief. My husband demanded half of the food stamps and half if the check stating it was repayment for when the kids stayed with him. I told him absolutely not!!!!. He became enraged. He said " you will pay for this". And that he would take the kids from me.

The following is the part of this article that I thought I would never recover from. He went to the welfare office about 40 times to convince them that I was committing welfare fraud . Outrageous. I never dreamed that he would stoop this low. I had to appear in court. A court where the judge was a friend of his.

The judge actually believed him with absolutely no PROOF. I was arrested for welfare fraud. It was like a nightmare that I could not wake up from. I spent a day in jail. With no means of bail. My mom was able to secure a loan and got me out. When I appeared in court the courts gave temporary custody back to my ex-husband. And I had to pay back the welfare department more than double . Once again my mom came to the rescue.

This was when I decided I needed to be strong. I needed a good job my only choice was to go to nyc and get a job so I could get the kids back. As soon as I got to nyc. My husband told the courts that I abandoned the children.

That was the last straw. I was not going to be the victim anymore. I brought the kids to nyc every weekend and vacations. They knew I loved them.

I still had to go to court and prove that I could provide for the kids and was a good mother. I was smart and hired a female lawyer. She was fabulous and protected my interests and was outraged how the courts maligned me and humiliated me with no proof or evidence. This was a travesty of justice. How could the courts abuse the judicial system this way.

Finally I had justice and ultimately my children were returned to me.

I was determined to tell my story in the hopes of inspiring women who may be going through something similar.

Don't give up because you can endure the long road back. There is a light at the end of the tunnel.

© 2016 bsegal


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on May 9, 2016
Last Updated on May 9, 2016

Author