Life in Lockdown

Life in Lockdown

A Story by EshaA
"

This is a small write up about my feelings on the current lock down period.

"
“LOCKDOWN”, the word literally means confining of prisoners to their cells. This word has given a new meaning to our lives without even committing any act of crime. There was a time when life used to be easily led and everything was easily attainable, approachable and welcoming but the strike of a global pandemic COVID-19 has brought a halt to our freedom of moving outdoors. During this time period most of us have become self proclaimed chefs, fitness trainers, babysitters and good homemakers. 
Today we miss logging on to various holiday websites and look for the best (cheapest) deals to go in search of solitude and behave like a tourist in our own country. The shrilling sound of the horns of the school buses, shouting vendors and hawkers, the laughter of senior citizens in the morning hours are all to be missed today. Now the air is clean and pollution free yet we have our masks on. When hugs were free and non contagious, we took all this for granted and avoided the effort of meeting each other under the pretext of seemingly busy lives. Now we miss what we desired earlier and we pine yet again to go back to the old “normal”. 
With folded hands today, we offer our prayers to the Almighty to end rampant epidemic so that we can return back to our former “ordinary life”.

© 2020 EshaA


Author's Note

EshaA
Please Review It.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

40 Views
Added on July 31, 2020
Last Updated on July 31, 2020
Tags: Lockdown, COVID19, Lifeinlockdown

Author

EshaA
EshaA

Delhi, Delhi, India



About
Im a woman lost in my own dark world and loving every bit of it. An avid traveller. Love to write poetry and short tales about love and relationships. Words come out on paper when the heart is deep in.. more..

Writing
Letting go Letting go

A Story by EshaA