Moving on !

Moving on !

A Story by EshaA
"

All about dealing with a heartbreak when a close person changes

"
When a close person changes, the first reaction is always a heartbreak. 
You feel so angry, so sad, so confused, and so helpless all at the same time. It takes you a while to even accept that even that person can change. But what should you do? 
First, you should respect the depth of that bond. You should always tell that person clearly what changes have you seen, and how this has hurt you so badly. If that person does not accept the mistake or does not do anything to correct it, then it's all up to you. That bond has gone from being "Special" to "just another". 

Now you have two choices. Either you can close this chapter and walk away forever or you can accept the demotion of your importance in that person's life and stay there. 
I personally will choose to leave 99 times out of 100. But maybe for one person, I will stab my own heart and still stay. Why? Some pains are worth suffering. But do I suggest to do that? No. Please don't. It hurts like hell. You will never get used to it. You will never accept this change. You will never accept that you don't matter that much anymore. Your soul will burn. Your heart will ache. 

How to do the first thing, to walk away? Walk away with grace. Don't do ugly fighting. Don't remind what you have done for that person. Don't emotionally blackmail that person into staying the same. You can't do that anymore. You don't have the right over that person anymore. 

It will only make it look ugly, messy and more bitter. Just walk away with a smile. Don't even keep in touch. Don't give them the same comfort that things are somehow still the same. No. Things have completely changed. You are no more a part of their life. Delete. Block. Don't even wish on birthdays, the end. 

How to do the second thing, to still stay? Don't. I repeat. Don't. 
But if you still have to, then please try to give lesser and lesser. Try to become a mirror of their efforts, their care, their importance, and most importantly their time. Always remind yourself that things are not the same anymore. Always remind yourself to hold back. Eventually try to leave because there is only pain in this, only pain. 

All the best ! 

© 2022 EshaA


Author's Note

EshaA
What do you think of this write up? Will this help anyone in pain?

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

56 Views
Added on August 16, 2022
Last Updated on August 16, 2022

Author

EshaA
EshaA

Delhi, Delhi, India



About
Im a woman lost in my own dark world and loving every bit of it. An avid traveller. Love to write poetry and short tales about love and relationships. Words come out on paper when the heart is deep in.. more..

Writing
Letting go Letting go

A Story by EshaA