Spring in Past Tense

Spring in Past Tense

A Poem by Chadworth

How am I feeling? My alarm rang at 3:15 this morning. It was really cold. And just like the #1 excuse. My bed was really comfortable, I probably pressed the snooze button like 11 times.

​You ask how I'm feeling? Truth is it wasn't just my bed that was comfortable. It is laying by your side and trying to separate me from you is like trying to separate oceans.

​Yo I swear you don't snore but if you were sleeping in a room full the people that slept just like you they would be angels.

​Let me tell you how I feel. I'm feelin' like spring in past tense. Kissing you on the fore head sounds like music to my ears, tastes like happiness, and feels like a massage after a long day of work.

​Sometimes you wake up so sweet that you attract bee's. It's probably the drool on your face.

​Good morning. I woke up early. There's breakfast downstairs. I poured your favorite drink. Did all the dishes from last nights dinner and cleaned the whole kitchen......

Now that is something I wish I said. BUT! I have to admit I spent the past four hours hoping you have sweet dreams and telling myself... I'm the luckiest man in the world.

​You just said good morning. I feel born again and your voice is my first memory. My second memory of you is the first time we met. Yo the first time you spoke my name, the ground felt like a language I haven't spoken in years. My 3rd memory is kissing you for the first time. I lost all my weight and I was being lifted from the ground. I swear I forgot everything I knew about gravity.

​Let me tell you something. I love you like I love dance. If I were to describe your beauty, I'd start by obliterating my flaws. I would then dip my fear in a river of confidence and tell you, "that's how you make me feel." You make me feel beautiful.

​I'm feelin' like spring in past tense.

​Sprung.

© 2016 Chadworth


Author's Note

Chadworth
Wrote this at 4 in the morning

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
Added on November 23, 2016
Last Updated on November 23, 2016
Tags: love, poem, spring, past, tense, personal, feelings, me, you, late, night, thoughts, romance, sensitive

Author

Chadworth
Chadworth

Temecula, CA



About
Name is Chad. Level 21. Complex Personality. more..

Writing
Legend Legend

A Poem by Chadworth