Surreal fairytale

Surreal fairytale

A Story by O Bubbly_snowflake *

The summer sun began to fade as it sunk below the veil of the horizon. Slowly hiding itself from sight, but still tempting us with its lavishing colours that flood the once blue sky. As the sky darkened and the mystic reds disappeared, the small diamond studs of the night began to emerge. My eyes traveled down looking at the water lapping the seabed. Slowly trying to come forward, only to fall back once again. I dug my bare foot deeper into the sand. The feeling was divine, as the coarse warm sand hugged my toes creating a touch of ecstasy up my legs.
I laened my head to the side, lost in the wonders of the night. Jake's warm shoulder was there to catch my head. It fell perfectly at ease as if it was made for this very purpose. His faint heartbeat synchronized with the sea to create a mellow lullaby. The touch of his fingers lifting my chin pulled me out of my fantasy. I look into his closing eyes, as my head automatically tilted. As our lips touched, a bang was released, streaking our serene backdrop with lines of luminous colours. The image looked like a copy of some mythical fairytale. Our lips parted for a brief second before they were touching once again. But this time I could feel his lips curl into a slight smile as his hands rise to brush my hair back. The display of fireworks behind us continued as the day came to a close and my head was back on his chest. I slowly closed my eyes, in an attempt to capture this scene. But by the time I opened them, the sky was empty. The display came to an end, giving way for the sky to revel its natural beauty. The stars were more promenant now, yet the image that was before me seemed utterly different to the one I had in my head. I looked up, checking reality. He looked down at me with the same warm smile as befores. I let out a sigh of relief before returning his smile. He opulled his arms a little tighter around me, trapping me in a secure embrace. I let his steady heartbeat sing me to sleep as he cradled me in his arms. My eyes still closed,  i whisper a small line. I wasn't sure if he had heard it, or if it got lost in the sea breeze, but in a frail little voice, I said what my heart seems to sing. In eerie silence I started to fall asleep, but soon a brush of warm breeze fell short of my ear. Before I felt his soft warm lips fall gently on my cheeks, i heard the 3 words that my heart was straining for 'I love you too'

© 2010 O Bubbly_snowflake *


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow that was totally nice. great. liked it

Posted 14 Years Ago


wow!!!! am totally impressed!!

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010

Author

O Bubbly_snowflake *
O Bubbly_snowflake *

Auckland, New Zealand



About
Expressively speechless. Photogenically blind. Contently lost in the storm of adolescence. I'm a 15 year old girl (so still in school! ^^), and I love to write. (obviously!) I was born in India, an.. more..

Writing