Daily Blog (mainly copy and pasted from in2lit.pbworks)!

Daily Blog (mainly copy and pasted from in2lit.pbworks)!

A Story by BulleitProof Literature
"

here's mainly my daily blog from english just copy and pasted, woohoo!

"

So I've had pretty much a Rockin' week. Wednesday I left during first break (had to take history test and go to math class) and went out to Canoe Creek. Bulleit Bourbon hosted a shoot and I was second place HOA (high overall) and my team came in first. We shot all-day and I got pretty d**n sunburnt, haha. While  I was shooting I felt something on my hand (unlike some who wear gloves whenever they shoot, I only shoot with gloves when it's cold) saw a bug on my hand and ignored it. Of course it was a bee and stung the living s**t out of me. Hurt but luckily it's only a little red now.. My team consisted of Mike Manning (videotographer and assistant, Ardo (runs the course), Bryan, David, Pat, and Chris (who was a return-e). I drove that 4-W Bobcat all-day and handicapped myself by shooting my Beretta 20 Gauge Silver Pigeon S. I left Garrad county around 3:45 and floored it across town to the Sayre Complex. I knew playin Henry Clay was a waste of time, my arm hurt, and so I lost- BIG WOOP.

Afterwards I had to floor it to get home and dress up. I grabbed some italian shoes, bulleit belt, jeans, and white shirt and we had the Bulleit Adorers from California over to the house for a dinner party. Jacqueline (took Gene's spot) and is now incontrol of Bulleit Bourbon in the US (big job) so everyone was on their game. I introduced the group to Ale8 and it was a big hit. Afterwards Scot pulled around the new Ford 650 30-Seater Party Bus. As Jac (that's what she wanted to call her) was leaving, she gave me a kiss on the cheek when I went for a hug (she's only like 25, brunette, and very pretty) so it was pretty much, a good night..

 

Anyways Thurs afterschool I floored it out to Keeneland because valet and will-call both close at 4. I made it and it was really beautiful because the rain was gone but the grass was green and wet. Mike met me at the door and I was escorted upstairs to our private owners room. The entire group was there. I slid in 5 minutes before post time. The group had gone down to meet Robby Albarado I made a bet on my favorite, Kent Desormaux. Of course I bet across-the-board, 3 bucks, easy 9 dollar bet. Well all of a sudden they say "they're off." Now I've seen horses fall, I've jumped over the barrier and helped jockies, stuff like that, but all of a sudden Kent's ride went from about 6-1 to 15-1. The crowd came back up from the paddock. They all yelled as they lost the race, and I just walked in (they didn't know I had arrived) and just smiled. Apparently I had the highest winning all-day (because there were only like 5,000 people. Well, you can do the math. Afterwards I ran down to the paddock (I had my, owners pin on) and shoot hands and took a quick picture with Kent (fbook profile pic). In addition I invited Robby Albarado to come to school when he had a chance and garunteed him that we'd play golf at IHCC sometime. Afterwards we said our goodbyes to the ladies and shook some hands, typical Bulleit bourbon stuff..

I dropped Dad off at DeSha's (the group was headed there) and went back home. I had to unload guns, clothes, keeneland and school crap out of my car for this weekend. If ya haven't heard I'm leading a few (15 people) around the state for opening day Dirty Turtle Off Road Park. Completely legit, drinks, campsite, muddin, and swimming.

 

SO tOdaYY

I got's a haircut around 3:40ish, then over to check out the Pontiac I'm thinkin of buying, and then over to Krogers- loadin' up on complete crap that we probably won't need but WANT for the weekend. Coolers full of drinks, hot dogs and marshmellows (campfire wouldn't be complete), wood, hatchet, fire starters, camping "stuff" and  plastic to cover the seats. In my car I'm rollin with a spare, lift, jack, 10K tow strap, and extra harness. Of course the other guys we're ridin with are bringing the tents, some more food and other goods. We may trailer a few BMX Bikes and or 4X4's if we're up to it. The plan is to leave Saturday around 4. Pitch tents around 7 and then campout all-night. Wake up early and ride hard, all day Sunday.


4/12

Had probably one of the or the BEST weekend of the year. Saturday I drove over to Ben's around 3:30 and we met Stilmon and loaded up the T100 (old toyota pickup) with tires, spares, jacks, lifts, hatchets, tents, poles, drinks, coolers, food, backpacks, cameras, and everything else possible. Stilmon rode as Ben drove the T100 and Ian rode as I drove my 4Runner. In back of mine we had: tents, sleeping bags, water, shovels, spares, and excess. We rode by stille's farm to get some stuff on the way over and made it into Western KY around  7:45ish. Luckily we found a campsite and pitched the tent in the dark. Popped open some drinks, cooked hot dogs, and finally got the charcoal  grille to work around 10 or so. Hot dogs, potatoes, chips, marshmellows, throwback drinks, it was all good. We laughed for so long, by the time we got in the tent (and went straight to sleep) it was nearly 2am. We woke around 8 and packed up. As we hit our first trail we had parked down by a river. A large Toyota Sequoia pulled in behind us. He was taking photos with a really expensive digital NIKON hanging out his window. Around 25 and probably the nicest person I've ever met, he told us his name was Amador and his buddy (in a red jeep, I think his name was Thomas) wouldn't be to DTOR until around noon. So he tagged along behind us- snappin shots. As the day carried on we towed, pulled and pushed eachother throughout the woods. I took a sweet video of myself pulling out Ben and then us working to pull his sequoia over a fallen oak tree that sat 4 feet on the ground. 

As we grew a little hungrier we stopped along a creek to grab some sandwiches. We went up a pretty steep hill and then came back down one that was a good 80 degrees. I was frankly, scared shitless. We made it over to #7, mud pits and table top. 


4/13

Well as the day went on we damaged more stuff.

I went first through a steep muddy s-turn, fishtail and the rear went into a tree. Then the Sequoia tried to cross a river and drowned the motor, then Ben's ran the crap out of the T100 and broke the shocks. Now that's how you leave in style. On our way back we picked up an armchair and tied it down on my car. From the pictures of FBOOK, so far, look pretty sweet. I lost my tennis match, but I was moved to #2 Singles so ya can't expect much... Afterwards I washed my truck at Jeffs. I noticed a ball (basketball dribbling sound) and thought "you have to have some serious balls to dribble around this town." I look over and an afroamerican fella hopped out of his car and wash trying to wash it next to me. The other guy dribbling the ball had a "Refuse to Loose" t-shirt on and a red hat. I took a look around the side and sure enough it was John Wall. Now most celebs (popular people, sports figures, ect..) don't like to be bugged and I respect that. John was just dribbling between the legs and over the back with one hand while saying "yo, mayne, you done washin' the car yet?" (in a very sarcastic funny tone). I walked over and told wall that I really enjoyed watchin him this year, and it made Kentucky basketball fun to watch again. He said thanks. Then I told him that we support him  wherever he goes, and he said "I still don't know yet, but thanks again man." 


4/16/10

So last night I shot with the UK Trap and Skeet Team. We had our last meeting of the year on Tueday at the WT Young lib and recognized that we spent 75,000 bucks as a team and still had 2k leftover. I could have gone to Nationals (in Texas next week) but you have to be enrolled in the university (so it didn’t workout). Nonetheless I shot a 23/25 on skeet, pulled a fun round of 5-Stand and finally shot with Bryan and my fav. Brad Wexler. We all shot a round of coon, fun stuff. Afterwards we all trucked it out to Caines to get some chickin around 11:15 or so. When Bryan got out of his F150 he was yelling on the ground. Very funny, apparently a bee stung him on the back while he was drivin, haha. Greg Martelli (works with Sally’s dad/ contractor stuff) offered me to shoot and be sponsored up at Elk Creek on the weekend of the 8th so I’m pretty pumped. 


4/19

Well I had a pretty good weekend, worked on the truck, shot loads of basketball and watched some movies among other stuff. I was surprised that 3:10 to Yuma was so good and afterwards (around 11) braveheart was afterwards so I was up all friday night. Saturday I woke early to go and help at UK's Commonwealth Stadium to help with the UK Habitat for Humanity Krispy Kreme Challenge. I think this is the link:

micaela showed up which was cool and also a ton of UK students. It was really fun helping out and setting up. Bailey was really cool and I liked allison, she was pretty funny as well. Later I grabbed my tux and headed to IHCC for the wedding of Hugh Boston and Sarah McCready. Fun stuff..


4/22

So it seems like I haven't blogged in a decade. So let's see. Monday um Woodford County, I believe. I desimated the kid I played but it was all good. Afterwards I met with Steve about my truck out in Athens, KY. Tuesday I skipped tennis, no clue if we even had it and had Brad Wexler and Bryan Kuegel (shooters from UK's Team over). We all ate dinner with mom and then we watched the very vulgar "Green Street Hooligans." Its an awesome movie about some soccer players that move to Europe and discover somewhat of a fight club called GSE. Wednesday I played against Tates Creek w/ Zach and we won. Today I have to leave at 12:45 for L'Ville for my Coast Guards License. 


4/23

I just changed the SLIDESHOW! So now it features some more pics and soundtrack by Aerosmith (which I saw in concert a few years back).

The drive to Louisville was alright. I was driving with traffic and apparently traffic drives at 80mph at 70 Speed Limit (not me). The guys infront of me blew past a policemen chillin at a turnaround, and he didn't even flash or drive after them. hahahahhaha must have been asleep. So I made it ontime, 2:45 and had the meeting. They registered me, filed all my papers, took my photo, fingerprints, and sent all the stuff to the FBI. They said in 2 weeks I may return to get my Transportation Workers Identification Credential, which I'm stoked about. I took the class for a week last summer, passed various drug tests, passed my written and oral exams, and now I'll receive my Coast Guard's License. I guess hard work pays off.

So I'm going to Keeneland around noon. Members box and upstairs are reserved. I've saved up a little $ and all my bets and wagers have been figured out today (during B hour). Check this old link out, it was our sponsored race at Gulf Stream back in '07. 


4/26

Wow it's almost May (hard to believe) nonetheless I had a pretty good weekend. So Friday (Keeneland) I made a little, ya know. I met up with Robby A (profile pic) and we talked for awhile. It was a good day for the races, we had our typical box (the furthest one on the left- if looking at the track, easiest one to find, 145 or somethin like that) and reserved a table inside. Friday night we went to the Decorator's Showcase at GlenLary from about 7-10. Then we drove cross town to Malones and chilled there till about 12 or so. The next morning we woke up at 6 and got ready for our Civil War tour. Alongside 45 others, we took a private touring bus around town. We drove from Versailles, Lex, Midway, Cynthiana, Ashland, Lebanon, Augusta and everywhere inbetween. It was an awesome trip and I learned loads about John Hunt Morgan and his Kentucky Raids. This excerpt (from my memory, if correct) is from the Battle of Augusta:

 

On September 27, 1862, Colonel Basil Duke led seven companies (350 me or so) of John Hunt Morgan’s Raiders, with two pieces of artillery (12 pound Howitzers) onto the cemetery hill overlooking the town. From the bluff, Basil could see the town of Augusta and nearly 200 home guards in addition to three Union Gunboats (not ironclad) stationed at the end of Main Street. The two howitzers bombarded the three ships straight on while Basil Duke ordered another unit to flank the boats. The gunboats soon were defeated and abandoned and sailed North. The townspeople including the homeguard retreated into the houses. Basil Duke ordered the entire Regiment to march straight down Main Street (runs directly from the bluff to the Ohio River- straight through downtown) and move across the Ohio. As soon as his men infiltrated the city, Union soldiers blew out windows and both first and second story building- and open fired (nearly 15 yards away) from Basil and his men. Startled, Duke and others ferocioiusly fought back. Nearly 10 minutes later, white flags were seen by CSA that Union soldiers barred in the windows. However the Union Leader was stationed at the very end of the street (fighting was in the middle of town) so the ones holstering the white-flags were only about 50% of the Union Soldiers. Duke stopped fighting and then other Union soldiers across the street opened fire, and shot nearly 5 of Basil Duke's officers dead. Furious, he ordered every Confederate soldier to break down doors and kill anyone inside. He soon realized that soldiers would break the door, shoot their musket inside, then take their pistol, fire 6 rounds, then take the butt of their pistol and bash Union brains in. Too disturbed by the sight, he ordered every house to be burned on-sight. Hearing this, Union Soldiers started to surrender. However more soldiers (down the street that couldn't hear the orders) returned fire upon the CSA. Angered and wounded, Basil Duke ordered his 12-pd Howitzers to blow each house to pieces. One by one, CSA soldiers positioned the Mountain Howitzers infront of these 2-3 Story houses. Once blown into obliteration, he ordered men to burn the houses down. Finally after the battle, most of the Union perished in the fires, cannons nearly killed 100 Union, sniper fire killed 30 CSA and this was one of Basil/Morgan's biggest losses. Now I'm a big fan of Morgan, Stuart, and Lee but it was very interesting to hear the specifics of this battle from first hand. 

 

Later that night (around 7) we hosted a party with about 30 people at our place. Well Sunday I had hoped to shoot in a competition but it was cancelled due to rain. So I played some basketball on our new court and did some hw. 

 

 Thirty-five men lost their lives that day and many more were wounded. Colonel Duke ordered several of the buildings to be set afire. A monument was erected in the 1880’s, commemorating the death of 11 unknown Confederate soldiers who lost their life in the battle.

 

© 2010 BulleitProof Literature


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

306 Views
Added on April 28, 2010
Last Updated on April 28, 2010

Author

BulleitProof Literature
BulleitProof Literature

Los Angeles, CA



About
Well I'm a junior and during english we occasionally blog. I enjoy blogging but I've gotten bored of having my writing practically censored (from school work place) and having teachers or whomever rea.. more..

Writing