A Letter To The Person I Could Have Been.

A Letter To The Person I Could Have Been.

A Poem by Forgotten poet
"

Do you remember who you wanted to be as a child? Wbefore the world had a change to effect you any any manner. Well I wrote that person I dreamed I'd be a letter.

"
A letter to who I could have been.

Hello Dude, I apologize in advance if I come off rude or seem to have an additide.
I know we're not the type of guys that would let that brew.
So don't misconstrue,I just wanted to say I regret everything I put myself through.
On any of those days my life was changed, by me or the dysfunctional family from which I was raised.
The actions I took,the choices I made out of emotio. I didn't know it only would add to this commotion.
The options that I didn't see,because I was enraged or out of control,
the limited help I had by parents who I'd never see,it might have had an effect on me.
I didn't know that things would set me this far from meeting you.
I've resented you for a long time.
It isn't your fault. It's the pain & hate of the image of you I dreamed I'd be.
The hate for myself for letting it slip by & that I no longer think it can happen.
Hate from the vision of how happy you are or I might have been, if I was to have made it to be you.
How were you able to make it out and continue?
Did your sis make it out okay too? Were you able to change her life and not let her continue to slice?
Cuz that must have been nice,since I fear for her life.
How about dad? Did he continue to drink and get mad? Of course over here,the substance of beer,steered him in that very direction.
The man is a shell of what you might have remembered him to be.
His life has been over for years yet he still remains here. Of course,with the beer.
How did Mom do? Tell me she left his a*s when you were young & he's dead to you.
Did she move back to Oregon to be with her sister?
I know that she passed soon after the worst. I hope she's happy with her cats or a man. Any of those things would make me happy and cheer so please write back soon ...

-From the Guy I became.

© 2017 Forgotten poet


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

64 Views
Added on April 6, 2017
Last Updated on April 6, 2017
Tags: Freeverse, poetry, deep

Author

Forgotten poet
Forgotten poet

hydrabad, IN, India



About
ProDigit Is The Best Digital Marketing Agency In Hyderabad. We Help Businesses Attract New Clients, Increase Web Traffic & Convert Sales With SEO, SMM & More. more..