Misguided Ghosts

Misguided Ghosts

A Story by Kat Loch

I sat on the very edge of the swimming pool of the five star hotel I'd been staying at for a week now. MY feet were in the disgustingly warm water and the sun beat down on my bare back. Despite how vibrant the sun was, there was a freezing wind that randomly picked up and died down in odd intervals. For some reason, I felt something deep inside of me that told me to pay close attention to the world around me. Something was going to happen and I needed to watch for it, granted it wasn't going to be obvious. I kept my eyes alert and pouncing from object to object. My suspisions about people were muted and my accusations weren't heard--no pun intended. Still, I sat slumped on the deep side of the pool and sighed as my attention was once more tempted by the water. I felt the need to go in, but my raging headache kept me at bay. As that thought hit me, I wondered why I was even out here in the first place. The reek of the people and their food wasn't helping anything. For the very first time in four years, I thanked God that my hearing was gone. I would die if I was able to hear what these people were talking about. Just by staring and reading their lips, I knew how stupid their conversations could get. There'd be no point in talking if only those things came out.

I pushed myself up, deciding there was no point in being out here. I weaved through the scurrying children and shuffled through the gates into the garage-type-thing. Everything that was anything was stored in here, I had found out. I once came across a pregnancy book, a pogo stick, and a cape all inside one box. Casting the thoughts off, I leapt up the stairs to the door. Shouldering it open, I stumbled out into the empty hall. I closed the door, hopefully, quietly behind me and tried to remember what room I had. For living here a week, you'd think I'd end up remembering. But, no. I had to forget each time I left the room. Needless to say, I'm not leaving again anytime soon.

I shuffled in the direction I sincerly hoped it was around and kept my eyes open for the familiar door. Beside the frame, there was a little hole that my knuckles had made the very first day I arrived. Not daring to let the memory back, I shrugged it off. With my attention everywhere, I hadn't noticed what I slipped on. I stopped dead in tracks and gazed down with horror at the carpet.

© 2012 Kat Loch


Author's Note

Kat Loch
Review it? :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on April 7, 2012
Last Updated on April 7, 2012

Author

Kat Loch
Kat Loch

About
I've learned my lessons and burned them into my heart. Here I am again, trying to live like no bad had ever happened and trying to reteach myself to forget and only hold onto what's actually going to .. more..

Writing
xxx xxx

A Poem by Kat Loch


Let me in. Let me in.

A Poem by Kat Loch